Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Little things for little ones...

Hello out there!!
I always get a kick out of
making things for little ones.
I find it amusing because of the battle
I go through with my own lil' turkey
just to keep him amused for a minute or two
while I try and weasle in a crafty moment.
This was no exception.


Yes, all of you out there with tots know
that you'd better just wait until
they've gone to bed to get crafty.
What happens when there's a house full of night owls?
It's nearly midnight before I can get
my grubby little mits on my supplies...
All that aside, I have at long last
completed this project and am ready to share it.


This was really fun to put together,
and I will revisit this template in the future,
now that I know the cuts and folds,
the project will be a breeze.
Lovely breeze, huh?
I have used my wonderful Tina Wenke stamp
that Simon Says Stamp
Lucky Duck-a-fied me with,
coloured with watercolour pencils,
Stickles and Crystal Glaze on the water,
Stickles in the flower centers,
Pearls are Martha Stewart and Liquid Pearls,
DP is Basic Grey, the border was cut
using Fiskars shears, and the ribbon
and grommet are from my stash.
Oh, and let's not forget the wonderful
Inkadinkado Brenda Walton clear set sentiment!!



And here are the challenges that I've played along with:

Cute Card ThursdayNew Beginnings
***I've missed the cutoff. Crud.***
Stampin' for the WeekendAnything Baby!!
Create4Fun Milk Carton Template
Stamp SomethingAnimal Somethings

And this one is a little different.
Simon Says Stamp Blog
has allowed us the opportunity to share with them
projects that we have made using items from their store,
and on September 18th,
they will draw a winner who will win a
$25 shopping spree (shipping included)
and have their work showcased on their blog.
I wanted to take the time to show them
that I LOVE the stamp they gave me
and selected products that can be purchased
in their store to make the project,
some of the items used were purchased there!!
Can't say ALL, truth is, I lose track of
what came from where, but SSS do carry
all of these product lines,
except for the Stephanne Stash,
they don't carry that at the moment, lol.
And just an aside here, OMG, love those charms!!
The above link will take you to it,
you ought to check it out!!
I love the idea of showing your work,
so thanks for the perfect outlet to do it!!

Thanks for your visit.
I am so grateful for my friends and visitors
to my projects, it means a lot to me
that you'd take the time to stop by,
and I truly TRULY appreciate your support!!
Take Care,
Stephanne


Edited: I forgot to tell you what I want to do with this!! What can I say, it was late, lol!! I will be giving this to my cousin when she has her son this October/November (who knows, baby's have their own way of doing things!!) and I will be putting little baby booties and a gift card inside!!

25 comments:

cabio's craft corner said...

OMG Stephanne, it's such a sweet creation. Love the image & coloring. Very precious :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Kellie said...

OH MU GOD Stephanne this is GORGEOUS. You detail to colouring is just breath taking. *scrolls back up to look again* Yup just breath taking. I love the box itself and the way you have used it just brings out the cute-ness plus. Love it, it's gorgeous xx

Kellie said...

OK it was OH *MY* GOD and *Your not You detail, geesh!

scrapperjulia said...

This is so pretty Steph! I love the colors and how you colored the image! Just gorgeous!

Donna said...

Oh Wow Stephanne, I love this little carton you've made, and the Tina Wenke stamp is just perfect for it, your coloring is outstanding on it, and I love how you've set out the little pearls. Absolutely fabulous.
Thank you for joining us this week at Stampin' for the Weekend.
hugs
Donna xx

Unknown said...

Love it! So pretty and the colouring is fantastic :) I can understand sometimes it gets frustrating to craft with toddlers running around you, but then again, they are the joy of our lives :P
Hugs, Louise

Saskia said...

Sweet work and great colouring!!

Saskia :)

Claire Phillips said...

This is sooooo beautiful - what a wonderful project and the image is georgeous! Love it to bits! Cheers Claire x

Kimmi said...

Beautiful milk carton. Such a fab idea, must give one ago some time soon! Love the image and the papers you've used are lovely!
Thank you for playing along with us again this week at Stampin' for the Weekend. WE hope you had fun and that you come back and join us for more challenge soon. Good Luck.

Kimmi x

Raisa said...

Oh My Gos, I love it!!! You're genious. And the stamp is adorable and the idea is really good.

Hugs
Raisa

Tara said...

This is just perfect Stephanne and such a beautiful gift for a little one. The image is totally adorable and so well coloured.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for leaving such a lovely comment..... I'm following you now!
Hugs Tara xx

Melody said...

What a beautiful project! I think I made need to get that stamp! Love the colors and your coloring is beautiful!

Vicki said...

hehehe!!! Oh Stephanne I surely know what you mean about waiting til the tots have gone to bed before crafting.....and mine are a lil bit older now but they still pinch my goodies and hide them in their room....lol!!! I'm a bit like you...that is keep loosing track of what I bought from where, always seem to duplicate purchases...us crafters...what are we like hey!!! Anyway this is a wonderful project and the image is gorgeous, as is your colouring, love those pretty lil pearls they add such a special finishing touch. Thank you so much for joining in with this weeks SFTW challenge, good luck and hopefully you'll be able to join in with many more.....that's if your "lil Turkey" will allow you too....lol!!! Happy crafting, xx vicki xx

Nancy said...

I have made a milk carton with my lill Pernille, they are so fun to make:O) Your carton is gorgoeus, Stephanne:O) Love the pretty papers, and the iamge is wonderful. Love your colouring! What a lovely gift this is.
Thank you for joining us at SFTW this week, good luck!
Nancy;O)

Sue said...

Stephanie Oh Stephanie how cute is this? Love how you took so many pictures at different angles so we could really appreciate how gorgeous this project turned out. The image is so darling and you colored it to perfection. Those soft colors are so pretty and baby-like. Love the clean simplicity of the whole carton, makes it that much more beautiful. What else can I say, just awesome and your cousin is going to love it, lucky girl.

Erin- said...

Oh my! This is so sweet! I love it.

Juls said...

wow!! this is utterly amazing!

Diamantin said...

The Bos is so beautiful.

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous creation, Stephanne.
Beautifully coloured image, so sweet.

Karen x

Joanne said...

What a fantastic box! You did a beautiful job on ALL of it. Your coloring is beautiful, great creation! Aloha...

Unknown said...

Stephanne this is just adorable! I love it! So cute and so perfect for a little baby. You have done an amazing job on this.
Alicia xx

Fran said...

i just love what you have come up with. it is too sute! i have got my carton all made up but can't for the life of me think how to decorate it :) you may also have to give me tips on how to amuse the little ones in order to get crafty, i have given up and just hold out until nep time, but naps never seem long enough, ha ha ha!

Vanja said...

This is just beautiful! The image is amazing and perfectly coloured.
Thanks for joining us at SFTW! :)
Vanja

Aija said...

Cosh, this is soooo adorable! Love everything about this creation. :)
Hugs,
Aija

~Denise Lynn~ said...

This is adorable! Such a cute image, perfectly colored. Love the little box too. Thanks for joining in at Stamp Something. :)