Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Creative Inspirations Bookmark challenge

Hello ladies and gents,
here I am running VERY LATE with this weeks
Creative Inspirations challenge,
which is to make a bookmark.
The teamies have created some masterpieces,
things you would want to showcase instead of
squishing between book pages,
I kept things simple for functionalities sake...


It's one of those papers that I've had for years that I have not been able to bear the thought of cutting and covering up, so I thought, hmmmmmmmm, this could work!! I'm going to give this to my boy, he is going to feel so special to have a bookmark to put in his If You Take a Mouse to School book just like his big sisters do with their books!!


That paper is imagination project Blue Cardigan Designs and the Kraft paper in Gina K, I used a square doily, folded it down to size, distressed the papers in brushed corduroy, then sewed each panel, then simply adhered them together.

Thanks for stopping by tonight!!
Have you stopped by
The Fuzzy Wuzzy Challenges
and checked out that yummy launch candy yet??
Go on, it's okay, they don't bite!!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Just lovely...I bet your son will treasure it very much.
Alicia xx

Maria Therese said...

So cute Stephanne!!

Lau W said...

Oh ! great ! it's a nice bookmark !
xxx

Marlene said...

Beautiful bookmark! I can't believe I have YET to make one of these.

Riet said...

This is so beautiful Stephanne.

Hugs Riet.xx

Elise said...

Awwww Stephanne! This is just BEAUTIFULLY SWEET! Such a special bookmark and I always love that vintage touch you add! You little man will LOVE it! Now if it was me ... I don't know if I'd be able to read my book ... I'd be too busy staring at that gorgeous bookmark!!!! ;)

Big Hugs to You!
Elise

CraftyC said...

Its gorgeous Stephanne, love the nostalgic feel to this pretty bookmark!
Clairex

Renkata said...

Very shabby romantic bookmark. Love it!

Sue said...

Awww, cute papers, he's going to love having his "own bookmark" and extra special because Mom made it.


Hugs
Sue

Tini A. said...

Hi Stephanne... your bookmark looks soooo nice and shabby. I love it! Very great idea with the lace around the bookmark.
Hugs Tini

Jennibee's Cardspot said...

It's very lovely, I love the papers you have used and the thought put into it
Love Jenni

Juls said...

beautiful! so soft and pretty! Hugs Juls

Claire Phillips said...

Great bookmark - that paper is very stunning! Cheers Claire x