Sunday, September 19, 2010

You've got a furrrrriend-DT Whimsy

Hello Blogger Buddies!!
Happy Sunday to you!!
As some of my blogging buddies might already know,
I made some spare time and hopped along with
Whimsy Stamps' new release blog hop,
it's nice to do random things you don't "have" to do
every now and then, wouldn't you say?
Well, to my ultimate surprise and pleasure,
I won the prize from the hop,
which was 5 images of my choice and
the opportunity to be a guest designer through September.
Awesome upon awesome, right?
Well, imagine me falling out of my chair when I opened an email with a bonafide invite onto the Whimsy Stamps DT? It took about 20 seconds to catch my breath after being pretty well stunned by the email, then typed yes yes yes as fast as my fingers could move, lol!! The Whimsy Team is amazing as it is, I hope I can bring something to the table of this already astounding bunch, and I look forward to the opportunity to share the creative process with all who are willing to read it, lol!!

***By the way, The Whimsy Stamps web site is back up and better than ever, if you've been by recently and had a hard time, the system has been successfully restored/upgraded, hip hip hooray!!!***

So, without further ado,
here is my first project for the Whimsy inspirations Blog, the fabulous Debbie Eastman has been kind enough to let me join in with her posting, thank you Debbie :) featuring the adorable Kitty Cat Love by MelJen, love it!!


I've coloured the prisma image in pencils and added a touch of pearl smooch on the outside of the white kitties shiny coat, the white kitty is cut out and popped up on foam mounts also. The image was shadowed in prisma color markers and the distressing around the image is done in brushed corduroy.


The papers are October Afternoon, the big flowers are I am roses, the oak leaf branch is Martha Stewart and the paper used for them is K & Co. All the other treasure is from my stash, and the distressing is all brushed corduroy and scuffed up with scissors.



Well, I think that is about it for now.
Next, my lesson on making spare time, lol!!
Thanks for stopping by, I hope the rest of your weekend
goes swimmingly!!
hugs, stephanne

21 comments:

sandra said...

Congrats on those stamps!
And congrats on DT call!
Adorable card!
I love everything about it!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Maria Therese said...

Super sweet card!!

Kellie said...

WHOOT WHOOT I can so see why they would want to snaffle you up, your style is always jaw dropping amazing and they are so lucky to have you! This card is absolutely GORGEOUS! LOOOOOOOVE everything about it!
Congrats again adopted ausssie hehe!
Hugs xxx

Renkata said...

wow Stephanne that amazing! The image is super cute, great colouring and layout dear!

Andrea C said...

simply purrfect darling they are so cute and you made the perfect card for them xx

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your new DT spot!!!
The card is absolutely stunning!!!
Love all the details and the design!!!

hugs,
Jorunn

Annika said...

Girl, your creations tend to make me dizzy - I'm just trying to take all the gorgeousness in and end up wallowing in self pity, lol
Love it (as you might have guessed)
Hugs
Annika

Emma and Susan said...

OMG OMG this is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!! What an adorable image and your colouring is always so FAB.....this card is PERFECT!!!!
Congrats on the new DT sweetie.....they are lucky to have you!
Big hugs
Emma
xxx

Tina said...

OMG how awesome is that to get an email to be a DT!!! Big congrats you will be an amazing addition!!! Gorgeous card. I love all the details and that stamp is really cute!
xxx
Tina

Lau W said...

Oh i'm in love with your card ! This stamp is so lovely !
xxx

Handmade with Love said...

Hey mate congrats on making the DT. The card is beautiful and I love the image, fantastic colouring and I love your distressing! have a great week! Tracey xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Stephanne what a pleasure it is to be working with you on the DT and what a beautiful creation this is. I love the image, colours and your design this is top notch.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Elise said...

Woooohooo! A huge CONGRATULATIONS to you love! Of course anyone who sees your style will want to sweep you up in a heartbeat and have you with them! You're AMAZING!

This card is yet another STUNNING creation of yours ... your colouring is just GORGEOUS as always, and your details are always so FAB-U-LOUS!!!! That lace and pearls are LOVELY and omg, I can't believe you cut that kitty out! How in the world?! You so ROCK!!!

Big Hugs to You,
Elise

Sue said...

Congratulations, on winning the stamps, and on the design team spot! Seems like you are the only person surpirsed they asked you!! Such an adorable image. And you're card has your trademark touches that make each one a delight to look at and enjoy. Go getum tiger.......

{{Big Hug}}
Sue

Juls said...

so sweet and romantic! love the gorgeous vintgae colours too! Hugs Juls!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous work and congratulations on your DT spot! This is such a cute image and you have made it into a beautiful card.
Alicia xx

Angelwood said...

Aww.. super adorable! Love that image and your awesome coloring! hugs, Angela

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Stephanne just wanted to thank you for commenting on my Aud Sentiments DT card I have taken your advice and entered the Fuzzy Wuzzy Challenge thank you.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Ingrid said...

So cute, cute, cute! O, how I love this colors, they're perfect, so vintage. You card is just... great.
Hugs Ingrid

Jennibee's Cardspot said...

Great card and great news!!! congratulations on both, I am not surprised in the least that you got asked to be on DT
Love Jenni

Eulanda said...

You are so awesome at embellies!! What a cute image and I'm just ♥'in this card!! Awww, makes me want to squeeze my kitty!!! LOL! Congrats on your DT!!