Saturday, July 18, 2009

House Mouse without colour on Carol's Sketch


Good afternoon,
Firstly, we have friendly neighborhood rabbits.
I love watching them grow and play.
They burroughed beneath my apartments front step
2 Easters ago, and since then,
well, you know what they say about rabbits,
so there is a whole gaggle of bunnies now.
Here is a picture I snapped of one of my bunny pals.


And with my muses hopping about,
nearly letting my tot and I touch them, nearly....
I found a stamp that I wanted to use
for this weeks House Mouse Monday Challenge
which is to NOT colour **gasp**
That's right, no colouring these little cuties in.
We were welcome to use other means of adding
colour to the image, like various inks or
piecing card onto the creation,
things of that nature,
but NO colouring.


So I flocked instead.
A little bit of stickles too.
Hey, other means, right?
I paper pieced the little frog and the umbrella.
I hope my interpretation wasn't too loose.


A little bit about the card.
The image is called Puddle Fun,
the sentiment is a reworked Stampabilities stamp,
and on the inside, I've added:
On your birthday and everyday.
the papers are K & Company and My Minds Eye,
Stampendous Fun Flock, Waterfall Stickles &
Martha Stewart pearls.
Sketch from Carol's Sketch Fun


The super-talented Carol
has started up a bi-weekly sketch challenge blog
so if you are like me and really benefit from a great sketch,
why don't you head on over and take a look.

Thanks for taking the time to check out my entry.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Stephanne

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, what an adorable little bunny! And your house mouse card is so precious.
Faye

scrapperjulia said...

I love this Steph! Great take on both challenges!

Lorraine A said...

Oh wow Stephanne :-) I love this card ! The paper piecing looks fab !! Love the image and the papers you used :-)
Love the sentiment too ,,,, perfect ! :-)
Luv
Lorraine x x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is brilliant, love the paper piecing brings all together.
luv
Debby

Carol said...

It's a very sweet image Stephanne, i think you rocked the HM challenge! pretty papers and the sentiment is perfect....thanks for combining with my sketch challenge, im glad you are enjoying my sketches and good luck for the draw :)

Hugs
Carol x

Heather said...

Hi Stephanne - fabulous card, I want an umbrella like that!! Love the sentiment, it's just perfect for that adorable image.
hugs Heather xx

Sue said...

Steph, great take on the challenge. Love the sentiment stamp, it's perfect!

Aw, your bunny pal is adorable. Bet your son loves to watch the bunnies run and play. So cute.

Sue from Oregon said...

Great card...my brain could not think hard enough to do a house mouse card without coloring...but I have seen so many great examples! What inspiration!

Allison said...

how cute! both the bunny and the card
AllisonX

Anonymous said...

Lucky you to have bunny friends living so close by for inspiration! You did a terrific job adding color without coloring. I love the paper piecing, flocking and stickles. This is all-around adorable!!