Sunday, October 4, 2009

A card for Paige

Hi there,
How is everybody doing today?
Hope you had a chance to play yesterday,
as it seems slightly sacreligious not to have!!
I started a project last night and wrapped it up
after I woke up this morning, had to recharge.
I was happy to see Simon Says host a challenge
for World Card Making Day in which
we are to make a card for Paige,
the link will take you to Erins blog
where you can pick up all the details on what's happened,
but I will streamline, Paige, a young lady,
has suffered a serious injury due to a boating accident
and Erin has been hosting a bit of a
card shower in Paige's honour.
Now I don't know about you,
but if I can bring a smile to a young ones face,
then it is certainly worth the while.
For those who already have made a card for Paige,
make a card and send it to Post Pals, link in sidebar
so that you can partake in this 24 hour challenge.
Also, you can find a link to Whimsy Stamps
in my sidebar, they have fashioned a digi-teddy
with all proceeds going to benefit
Paige's medical expenses.
So here is where my struggle lays.
I bought the digi weeks ago
and have wanted to use it,
nay, NEEDED to use it to make a card for this young lady,
but I just have NOT been able to do it.
Digi-stunted, I suppose.
I thought to myself, SATURDAY, I will make the card,
digi image or otherwise, THIS SATURDAY,
so to see the challenge at Simon Says was great
because it was my reinforcement, DO IT!!!
And at long last, here is the card:


I took the opportunity to play along
with Colour Create whose colours this fortnight
are dusty pink, hot pink and chocolate,
with the extra option of using pearls and swirls.
I love Colour Create and have not been able
to make challenge cutoffs as of late,
so phew, I made it this time.
In the flurry of Blogger challenges,
Carol's Sketch Fun is a favorite too,
but still the problem of making cutoffs prevails.
Not this time, this time I get to enter, woohoo!!
Here's that sketch:
I did the ol' squash and stretch with it
and added a sentiment.
The DP is Basic Grey,
the image is Sarah Kay from Stampavie
and it is coloured in distress inks.
I stamped the sentiment (Brenda Walton Inkadinkado clear set)
in Sepia over an Inkadinkado flourish stamped in Worn Lipstick,
distressed in Tattered Rose and then heat set,
sprayed with creme de cocoa Glimmer Mist
and completed with a few pearls.
The punch is Martha Stewart,
and the distressing is done in Brushed Corduroy,
and the edges frayed with my trusty finger nail.
The ribbon is from my stash and the polka dots
have been circled in Sakura gel pen.


Well, I better stop yammering and post this
so I don't miss Simon Says' extension, lol,
thanks for that, by the way!!
Take Care,
Stephanne

16 comments:

Sue said...

A beautiful digi image. And the card is so pretty too. I am sure Paige will love it, who wouldn't.

Handmade with Love said...

Really pretty card Stephanne, the image is lovely and the papers that you have used with it are perfect! Have a great week! Tracey x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful colours and wonderful adorable SK image.
luv
Debby

Debbie Pamment said...

Beautiful card - and such a perfect image to use! Just gorgeous
xXx

Mina said...

wow wow wow Staphanne this is stunning...your colouring suits Sarah Kay image amazingly...love everything about it...that sketch is fabulous must check that out
Mina xxx

Unknown said...

A very beautiful and soft card! Love the papers, and the colouring :)

Saskia said...

Sweet, sweet card!

Saskia :)

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Stephanne :-) I love this image and everything is just perfect ,, your colouring, the papers ,,,, :-) I am sure Paige will just love this :-)

Thanks for joining the special simon says challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x

Crissy Armstrong said...

WOw, a stunning card! I love your coloring!

Carol said...

Hi Stephanne,
Such a sweet image and your colouring is perfection! The sentiment looks good too and i don't mind your 'squashing & stretching' :)
It's a fabulous card, thank you so much for playing along with my sketch...

Hugs
Carol x

Unknown said...

Oh sweetie!
This is just amazing! Love the super cute image, and the wonderful colors you have used! And the details are superb too!

hugs,
Jorunn

Christine said...

Hi Stephanne this is so adorable such a sweet image & love those colours fabby likkle image too. love it.


Hugs Christine xx

Dena said...

Wow! You have colored this image to perfection! It is sooo sweet. Love those gorgeous papers too! Thanks for joining CC this week! Hugs, Dena

Janet said...

This is such a pretty, girly card. I'm sure Paige will love it!

6 wacky women said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Stephanne
The image is so beautiful as is your colouring. I just love the papers, so delicate.
Thanks for playing the Colour Create Challenge.

Karen x

Di said...

Image and card are just fabulous !
Thanks for joining Colour create this week.

Di x