Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Creative Inspirations Monochome Challenge--More Calender...

Hi there lovely bloggers,
today is Wednesday,
time for a new challenge
over at Creative Inspirations.
This week, we'd like to see your
Monochrome Masterpieces!!
Make something using various shades
of the same colour!!
We have a delicious prize from
Dotty About Crafts this week
and the works from the DT are exquisite,
I hope you can stop by and take a looksie,
better yet, join in!!!


I've used a Whiff of Joy image that Sue stamped for me, she also supplied the doily and fabric flowers, Sue to the rescue, once again!! This is my second go with WOJ but already, I feel a great love coming on, lol. The DP is K & Company, punches used are martha stewart and ek success retro flower and fern. I've distressed in Faded Jeans and the shadowy aura looking background with a Milled Lavender Brushed Corduroy mixture. I picked up that most excellent shadowing technique from Mary, you will find loads of inspiration and techniques on her blog My Cardz, My Passion, My Therapy, and although my cloudy background thingy isn't nearly as fab as what you'll find her doing, she was definitely the source of inspiration behind it/them. More handmade scrolls, hahaha, I likes what I likes... April will have a weekly pull-off type of calender rather than the list on other pages. The raindrops are gooped in Stickles and I went inside the circles on the embrella with a white gel pen, then I distressed the entire embrella in Old Paper to give it some age, then I added Liquid Pearls in pewter to the hardware. The pictures all stink but I can't seem to get it right, I will have to call this one a loss and move on with life, lol.


Challenges for this one:
ABC Challenge where O is for One Paper
Stamp With Fun is stitching this week,
sketch is from The Pink Elephant.



I have Stefancyfied my May calender page, and since it fits the monochrome challenge as well, I figured I'd share it. Again, haha. There's tooshie Tilda, coloured in distress inks, the flowers are a medley, I can't remember there are so many mixed together now, eek!! Some punches, oak leaf and branch by Martha Stewart, a scroll, of course, and viola. My son helped too, do you see all the slice marks on the calender area? He ran this through the paper cutter a couple of times, thanks buddy... They are so fast when it comes to what they AREN'T supposed to touch!!



I hope you'll have time to pop your entry in over at Creative Inspirations this week!! Thanks for your visit,
Stephanne

31 comments:

Lori said...

What can I say - you blow me away - that colour has me in awe, the umbrella is spectacular, you are so amazingly talented!!!!

Unknown said...

OMG stephanne... Absolutely stunning card. Love the monochromatic look, and the colors! Great design and wonderful coloring!!

I am so sorry for not have been visiting lately...times has been very hectic!!!
but I have had the greatest time ever, scrolling up and down.. looking at one masterpiece after another... OMG.. the calendar you've made... STUNNING!!

Hope everything is good with you sweetie!

hugs,
Jorunn

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness dear!! These are TOW gorgeous creations hun!! I've really missed seeing your stunning ideas!! You always amaze me with your talent sweetie!! BIG HUGS

Elise said...

Okay Stephanne!! WOW WOW WOW!!! Cripes woman!!! Stunning, gorgeous, out of this world, amazing, .... which word shall I use?! You simply blow my mind with your creations sweets!! Your coloring is always so AMAZING! And oh my how you put everything together on your cards is mind blowingly gorgeous!! Gosh I love every single creation you make! :) Unbelievably talented! love love LOVE!
ps ... thanks for making me LMAO with your last comment with the "She's siiiiiinging in the rain!" LOL!! I swear I could not stop giggling! I could just imagine you singing that line to me! I love it!
You totally ROCK Stephanne!
Big Hugs,
Elise

sandra said...

This is amazing!
I love all your calendar work you have been making those days!
Great!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Mina said...

wow these are stunning...beautiful colours and colouring
Mina xxx

Kylie said...

These are stunning!! Love how you've shaded and glitzed the WOJ card. gorgeous.

Kylie ox

Fran said...

Hey, it's Tushie Tilda again hahaha! Love what you have done honey, the colouring on that WOJ stamp is amazing!! The umbrella has some incredible dimension, it looks like I could almost hide under it :)

Jodie from Oz said...

OMG Stephanne
Stunning card. Love the monochromatic look, and the gorgeous colours. Great design and wonderful colouring, I love the teeny calendar, looks like WOJ has a busy April planned and of course I love your Tilda calendar page, it would look perfect hanging up at my house. Your projects are amazing, thanks for the inspiration, have a fabulous week. big hugs Jodie from Oz

Marlene said...

Both your projects are gorgeous - but that card is mind-blowing! LOVE IT.

Debbie Pamment said...

As always I am in complete awe of your awesome talent!!!! If I was younger than you I'd want to grow up just like you - but I guess I'm stuck - LOL.
AMAZINGLY FANTABULOUS!
xXx

Mandy said...

Stunning creations Stephanne, your colouring is beautiful, love your shading.
I'm glad I popped over to visit, your blog is gorgeous
hugs Mandy xx

♥ Sonja Bekker ♥ said...

Hi Stephanne,

What a beauty`s you have made:)
and wiff of Joy haha love that youre playing with that stamp,aint she gorgeous!!
love youre work always:)

Digihugs
Sonja

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, stunning work and fabulous calendar page too.
luv
Debby

Handmade with Love said...

Absolutely stunning Stephanne, I can almost feel those raindrops! Beautiful colouring as usual and I love the backdround paper you have used too. We are definatley having alot of showers here even though its not April! Have a wonderful week. Tracey x

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

WOW!!!!!! Steph this is absoltly precious!! So beautiful.
Thanks so much for joining us at TPE.
Kristy x

CraftyC said...

Wow Stephanne, you have a lovely blog and so many beautiful cards. I am now following as a bit of a blog addict!
Clairex

Trudi said...

That card is gorgeous Staphanne, love the lace, doily and flowers you've added! Beautiful calendar page too! Thanks for joining us this week at TPE!

Michele Roos said...

Two beautiful creations Stephanne - Love the colours you've used. Hugs Michele x

Sue said...

Wow, are we a busy bee or what? Love the all blue with that image! Pictures are good....love the shadowing too. Your calendar is really turning out beautiful. That red paper is wonderful and of course little Tilda down in the corner taking it all in. I might have to have a go at the challenge, I like making a card in different hues of the same color family.....I'll tellum Stephanie sent me!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my word! These are super duper stunning! My fave is the woj page, your colouring is so perfect! Just love these calendar pages! You're one talented lady missus! Hope all is well with you and yours. Hugs, Rowena

having a {me} day said...

Hi Stephanne! WOWEEE!! Just loving the one you called a 'loss'! Gorgeous colouring and I just love the background. I'm too chicken to try that but I really ought too.keeleyxx

Stempeltiger said...

WOOOWW ... absolutely gorgeous card and calendar page Stephanne!
Love the colouring (always perfect!), the shadowing and the amazing umbrella.
Lots of hugs
Swantje x

Anonymous said...

More incredibly beautiful calendar pages--I love them both! My favorite of these two is the April page--that image is gorgeous and perfectly colored! I love the soft blues with all the white lace details--heavenly! I love seeing every creation you post!
Hugs,
April

Claire Phillips said...

Stunning Stephane - both are absolutely beautiful but I adore the soft monochrome card with all the lovelies - those flowers and lace and Oooooness(I think it needs a new word!) Cheers Claire x

Joanne said...

SOOO pretty and so many beautiful details! Love that stamp too. Your shadowing effect came out great, I'm going to have to check that out! Also have to check out the challenge and try to get the time to join in! Aloha, J:)

Ellen said...

Stephanne this is stunning, it looks like she is really standing in the rain, woww just amazing !! Love love love your card !!

Hugs, Ellen

BA said...

hi stephanne
thy are absolutely stunning, love the first one, the coloring is stunning
xoxo BA

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Stephanne, wow what amazing creations. Your colouring and papers are beautiful. The details are simple gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at stamp with fun this week. Hugs, Denise x

Jenn K said...

WOW! These are both so beautiful! Thanks for playing along on TPE!

Renkata said...

Hi,
Thanks for stoping by my blog and followed it.
Your card with the Willow is so pretty, great colour combination. I love the embelishments.
Way to go.