Wednesday, February 3, 2010

DT- Creative Inspirations Pink and Cream Clara...


Hello Blogger Buddies,
it is time for a new challenge at
Creative Inspirations,
a colour challenge of PINK and CREAM
and guess who's sponsoring us this glorious challenge?
None other than the fabulous
Simon Says Stamps, woohoo!!!


The "recipe" is toward the bottom of this post in an attempt to shave down the length of my post, yet again. I had fun with this project!! I had so many leaves and flowers out, distressed, glimmer misted and Stickled, all ready to go onto my project, but then I started having a crisis about covering up all of the birdcages on this fab BG paper, so I left most of them off. I did lots of paper piecing on this one, I stamped the image as if she were reaching right out of her oval and shadowed the image in Faded Jeans ink, then I coloured and cut out another image, she is glued down in most areas except for her head and her dress, I popped those spots up with foam dots, it is a great effect to enhance paper piecing.


I've played along with several other challenges:
Basic Grey Challenges
wants to see animals on our creations,
Cute Card Thursdays' challenge is Bloomin' Gorgeous!!
And I used the sketch from Sketch Saturday,
although I swapped out a sentiment for a bow...
As usual, had to tweak something.



Supplies:

Stamps: Kraftin' Kimmie (this is Clara), Inkadinkado flourishes
Mediums: Ranger Distress Unk, Archival Ink, Crystal Stickles
Papers: Basic Grey designer paper, Bazzill cardstock
Flowers: Little Primas, ek Success fern punch, MS twig punch,
gardenia from The Amazing Jodie
Lace: Kellie's magical lace, find it here
Others: organza ribbon, foam dots, sewing machine


Thanks for stopping by.
I hope you can pop by
Creative Inspirations,
the designers have created
the most scrumptious projects
for your viewing pleasure!!

Take Care,
Stephanne

29 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW Stephanne - I just LOVE the way you have her leaning off the oval - and the added dimension - and the beautiful ribbon - and the fabulous flowers!!! Oh Ok - LURVE it AAALLLLLLLLL
xXx

Michele Roos said...

Beautiful card Stephanne. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Fran said...

I just love the birdie cage paper, it's too cute :) Don't get me wrong, I love absolutly everything else about your card too but the paper caught my eye first, so glad you didn't cover it up too much.

Jane said...

Wow this is gorgeous!!! love the colours and that lace is beautiful. Gorgeous image and colouring! hugs, Jane xxx

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

OMG I want this for my birthday!!! Save it for meeeeeeeeeee!!!
Kristy x

Kylie said...

Oh WoW!! This is amazing. Love everything on this card especially that ribbon!

Kylie ox

Aunty Sue said...

omg that card is stunning and the ribbon and that bow.

Annie said...

a beautiful card and I love the touch of sparkle. thanks for joining in the fun with us at CCT this week. hugs, annie x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous, love the sweet image and the fab ribbon and roses.
luv
Debby

Juls said...

I love this so so much!!! One of my fav images..love the really soft and pretty look you have created! Hugs Juls

Jodie from Oz said...

OMG, Stephanne, this card is breath takingly beautiful. The papers are devine, the colours are gorgeous, your colouring is amazing. I love love love how you have this cutie leaning out from the oval. The sheer ribbon & of course the perfect flowers are just stunning. You are such an expert with the machine stitching now also. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Lori said...

Oh Stephanne another masterpiece. i love the DP with the bird cages, the ribbon is so elegant and the flowers. Everything is just perfect!!!!

Janiel/ janny said...

Hi Stephanie, This is so very very BEAUTIFUL dear!!! Love the DP that you have used.
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT sweetie..
hugs, Janiel

Anonymous said...

OOH Stephanne, I sure have missed seeing your stunning creations girl!! :) This looks just gorgeous hun and such beautiful coloring details as well!! HUGS

Handmade with Love said...

Hi Stephanne what a beautiful and stunning card! A real work of art! Have a great week! Tracey x

Crystal said...

GORGEOUS WOW I LOVE your ribbon!!! Beautiful card!

Tara said...

Such a scrummy card Stephanne and those BG papers are delish! Ooooh and don't even start me on that ribbon, lol!!
Hugs Tara xx

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Positively yummy with so many gorgeous details. Love your treatment of the image with the paper piecing and the placement. Those glitterly flourishes add so much. And that ribbon, OHG, I am drooling - I WANT SOME OF THAT!! So gorgeous. I am certainly going to love designing along side of you at CI and being inspired by your beautiful work!

Sue said...

Aw, she is lovely!!! Very creative how you popped her up just at the top, looks great. Pretty papers and lace. The flower is so pretty too. That's such a wonderful color combo and you have done it to perfection. Wonderful as always clever Stephanie!!!

Ila said...

Over the top Gorgeous!!...I love the colors, coloring and that lovely lace ribbon bow!!...Hugs, Ila

Elise said...

Ai-ya-yai Stephanne! This is out of this world gorgeous! What a lot of tedious work you've done ... and done beautifully!!! My goodness, this is so SMOKIN' hot!!! Loooove it!
hugs,
Elise

Maria H. said...

Thank you for your lovely comment in my blog:-) I like your cards too!

AN said...

Thank yor yor lovely comment my blok! :)Sinulla on todella kauniita kortteja täällä--katselin kauan--♥

Andrea said...

Oh wow! I adore this card - the image is gorgeous - I love the way you have her coming out of the oval, and your ribbon is scrumptious!!
Love, Andrea xx

Stempeltiger said...

Such an adorable card Stephanne!!!
Hugs
Swantje x

Kellie said...

OH OH OH OH WOW....! When I first started making cards with Magnolia's I used that bird cage paper, it's gorgeous and I thought my cards looked ok but this, this is just absolutely breath taking! I am almost speechless, but we both know that will just never happen, hehe! It's so elegant, vintage, fancy, gorgeous, stunning, absolutely fan-friken-tastic! I just love all the layering you have done as always super effective. MOVE over Kristy, princess or not this is for me! hehehe, I mean, please Stephanne, hehe. What more can I say? Absolutely LOVE it!
Hugs Kel xx

CraftyC said...

Wow, this is just so pretty. A gorgeous image and beautiful papers!
Clairex

Aunty Sue said...

just popped by again to peep at this card it is amazing had to click to enlarge the papers and everything is just so perfect.

having a {me} day said...

Oh WOW WOW WOW!!! This is sooooo beautiful! Fabulous colour combo, I'm just loving that ribbon. Your colouring of one of my fave images is just amazing. My stuff feels so plain and dull after looking at yours!! kxx