Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Creative Inspirations Colour Challenge!!!

Hello my blogging friends,
it's that time of the week again,
a new challenge at
Creative Inspirations
is upon us, we have a colour challenge for you:
TURQUOISE, CREAM, and GOLD ONLY!!!
Aside from skin tones, hair and maybe a leaf or two,
in order to qualify for the prize this week,
you gotta stick to the colours.
I was struggling at first,
but as the creation came together, I must say,
what gorgeous colours!!


*****I owe details, but I can NOT be late to work again. I narrowly escaped getting written up on my last shift, I can't go tempting the powers that be again!!****


Okay, I am back on here and no, I wasn't late for work, lol, not that time anyway!! So my image is coloured in Prismacolor pencils and then I added a bit of Stardust stickles to Tildas dress, antique linen stickles to her shoes and her hair has been highlighted with Gold Lame Smooch and Sakura white gel pen that I then went over with Stickles, so her hair twinkles when it catches light in just the right spot. I distressed and edged everything in vintage photo, my cream base cardstock was distressed with scissors, then I added loads of gold Stickles, the DP is a combo, stipes are Graphic 45, flowers are K & Co. and the flourish paper is BoBunny. The oak leaf MS punch has come out to play in my floral arrangements which consist of stash flowers and twiddly bits from a wonderful bloggy buddy who shall remain nameless, as I don't want her to be hounded for stamen, but a huge thank you to her, she knows who she is, I LOVE them!!! The layer of trim beneath the golden American Crafts ribbon is by Prima, as is the big turquoise flower, all other items are from the stash.


You can click on the pictures to enlarge them, as I'm sure you well know!!
The sketch was provided by Friday Sketchers and PaperPlay Challenges is hosting a Something Old challenge (big turquoise flower and golden ribbon)
Be sure to stop by Creative Inspirations this week to see our lovely Tildalicious samples. What a coincidence, lol!!

Take Care in this heat,
drink clear fluids, take frequent breaks,
blah blah blah!!
Stephanne

25 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

Beautiful and stunning.

Tracey Feeger said...

Wow sweets this is gorgeous. Love it. I will have to try and create something for this. Thanks for the inspiration.

Hope you aren't late for work.

mwah
Trace

Lorraine said...

this is beautiful the lo and colours are gorgeous xx

Kellie said...

OOOOOOO Waffles this is absolutely FABULOUS! I love everything about it from you colouring which is always amazing and inspirational and the vintage shabby design in general is AMAZING! Absolutely gorgeous, LOVE it!
Hugs Kel xx

Fran said...

Ooooohhhh, gorgeous card Stephalicious, love those colours (I am going through a turquoise phase at the minute) and I was just thinking anouthing inking this adorable little Tilda up last night, i swear I'm psychic, bahahaha!!

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card! Love the distressed edges and the colors are so great!!

Unknown said...

beautiful! lovely papers too :)

Elise said...

OH MY WORD!!! Stephanne!!! This is absolutely GORGEOUSLY STUNNING!!! Okay, when you read the color requirements for this challenge .. it sounds .. well .. yes, challenging. lol ... but to SEE it on your card!!!!!!!!!! *gASP*!!! DIVINE and I want to just melt into this card! wow wow wow!!!

ps .. hope you made it in time for work! :)

Big Hugs,
Elise

Juls said...

gorgeous!! so soft and pertty! Hugs Juls

Debbie Pamment said...

OH WOW - Steph this is another stunner - I love the way you layer things up - I wish I could pinch a bit of your style but mine always takes over - LOL. Ah well - will have to come here to drool!
xXx

Shirley N said...

Just stunning Stephanne! Your layout is gorgeous!!!

NGCARDS said...

Beautiful card, Im so glad you enjoyed the colour scheme! xxx

Caroline said...

Stephanie as always anotehr gorgeous card I love how we all used Tilda too great minds & all that!!! xx

Chelsea said...

Ahhh, I can look at this all day!
The wonderful Vintage feel and that Tilda goes so well together.
Love it again!
Hugs,
Chelsea

Julie M said...

Beautiful vintage card, Stephanne - I love all the distressing and that lovely colour scheme.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay again this week.

Julie :o)

Sue said...

Aw, she looks so shy and sweet. Love the Pencil coloring too. Flowers and papers as always just beautiful. Another stunner!! Glad you weren't late for work, with that new house and all..............hee hee

Big Hug
Sue

Loz said...

Hi Stephanne... I love your card, the colours are great together! Love the flowers and that sweet tilda♥

Lori said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous Stephanne! It's been waaaaay too long since I've visited you... You've got so much inspiration here!!! Thanks :)

Love and hugs ~
Lori

Annika said...

There is no way in the world I could ever dream of creating anything half was as beutiful as your work! Stunning colouring and AMAZING embellishing!
Hugs
Annika

Claire Phillips said...

How did I miss such georgous projects - wonderful colour and details as always - fabulous! Cheers Claire x

Mandy said...

Oooooo hun this is absolutely gorgeous, so soft and pretty, love it
hugs Mandy xx

Mina said...

oh wow I love this card Stephanne, I love the shabby chic look of her...must hope over to CI and join in again
Mina xxx

Janiel/ janny said...

helo sweetie, Love this card of course I think i must love all of you cards.. hee hee.. I just LOVE your style!!
I hope you weekend is going great.. hugs, Janiel

PS great candy up top for someone to win!!!

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

so pretty, lovelt tilda, gorgeous papers and great design.
janex

Jennibee's Cardspot said...

This is just gorgeous Stephanne, love all the gold, such a contrast to the lovely Tilda
Jenni