Saturday, June 19, 2010

Embossing with Magnolia Down Under

Hello to all of you weekend bloggers,
it's Sunday in Australia and that means it is time
for a new weekly challenge over at
Magnolia Down Under
This week we want to see some

embossing

either with your heat guns or with your
cuttlebugs and big shots,
emboss it, use a Magnolia image
and come and enter your project at MDUC
so we can come by for a visit :)


I have finally had a play with the "IT" stamp of the season, Bubbling Tilda, and it comes as no surprise that I LOVE her!!! I stamped her on Gina K cs in clear embossing liquid and sprinkled on crystal embossing powder and heat embossed, also stamping her a second time so that I could piece her wing later. I stamped her twice more with Archival ink so that I could layer her up good and proper, once for the entire form less the rear wing which is on the base cardstock, and once again for the arm. Once done cutting and slicing, I popped her up with foam dots, adhering the top wing down with glue at the base of the wingspan.


I'd like to tell you that my swirls were done through embossing but they weren't. Those are Inkadinkado swirls stamped in Broken China then stickled in Crystal which gives a gorgeous aquatic effect. The shadowed effect was done by distressing the bottom image in Bundled Sage and then by dabbing an old stiffened distressing pad over the top of the shadow with Milled Lavender.


The DP is Basic Grey from the Wisteria pack, the project has been distressed in Broken China and the CS has been stickled in Crystal, the flowers are spritzed in Tattered Angels glimmer mist, placed together with fern leaves from an EK Success punch, the square doily was tucked down to size and the sentiment and swirls were done with Inkadinkado stamps once again in Broken China and stickled in Crystal. I mized a few flourishes together and freehanded here and there til I was satisfied with the swirlyness. Until I can get my grubby little mits on some Stempleglede flourishes, this will just have to do, lol!!


Holy hell, that was a lot. No question left unanswered... So I will pop this in at a few challenges:

Just Magnolia is having an In The Garden challenge,
Stamp Something wants to see Summer Somethings,
Stamp With Fun is hosting a fairytale challenge,

so I took my friend Tilda outside to be in her natural element and tried to snap an artsy fartsy picture beneath my beautiful blooming bush and this is what happened:


I've been spending so much time with paper these days that my concept of lighting is slipping horribly, but nevertheless, look what is blossoming in my backyard, woohoo!! For those of you still with me, WAKE UP!! Hehee, hey, I have a blog candy thingy to post so keep an eye on my blog over the next few days :)
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!
Stephanne

34 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous!!!

Little K Smith said...

Stunning card, gorgeous Tilda, beautifully coloured. Lovely flowers and colours too.
Kelly.x

Elise said...

OH-MY-GOD!!!!!!!!! Okay, how much more magical can this card possibly get?!!!! Just to let you know ... I am working on this very image right now ... and I want to THROW mines in the trash can after seeing this!!!! LOL!!! I am so *singing* "IN-CRE-DI-BLE!!!!" in my best opera voice I can muster up! gasp, this is just, just, just ... out of this world AMAZING!!! Can you just come over here and do MINES for me?! What a STUNNING creation woman! I can probably sit here and drool over this all day! Oh the colors, the flowers, the dp's, your colouring ... EVERYTHING fits PERFECTLY!

And your flowers! oh your flowers in the yard! It's LOVELY! Are those hibiscus? We have some too!!!! Ours are pink though .. but I am lovin' the white ones you have! It's absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Oh I can't wait to see more pics of the flowers in your yard!!!!

Thank you for such wonderful inspiration love!!!!

Big Hugs to You!
Elise

Jodie from Oz said...

Stephanne, OMG, after seeing this masterpiece I felt like deleting mine, If I was less of a procrastinator & more of a planner I might have come up with something half this beautiful. It was too late to make something new. Wow, your Bubbling Tilda is breathtakingly beautiful, all the swirly swirls, the sparkle, the gorgeous colours and flowers, it looks like it came straight out of a childrens picture book. An amazing take on the challenge with oodles of inspiration for all lucky enough to see this. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Mandy said...

oh wow Stephanne, your card is stunning hun, love it
hugs Mandy xx

Jane said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! This really took my breath away hun, it is absolutely stunning, the colours, flowers, everything!! hugs, Jane xxx

Sharon said...

This is beautiful Stephanne. I love the swirls and her wings look amazing.

Kellie said...

OH WOW Waffle this looks amazing! It looks like my girls when they are wearing their fairy wings all the sparkle, absolutely LOVE it!
Hugs Kel x

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

OMG Steph this is absolutly breath taking!!! WOW Love it so much, you are way to clever!
Kristy xx

Jennifer said...

Wow...an amazing creation! Coloured and designed to perfection! xx Jenny xx

Kylie said...

Wow Stephanne! Absolutely STUNNING! Gorgeous colouring and so much detail!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Hugs
Kylie

Janiel/ janny said...

Absolutely STUNNING Stephanne!!!!!!

This is my favorite card of yours.. LOVE all of the details!!
WOW WOW and lets say WOW again!
hugs, Janiel

Unknown said...

OMGOSH Stephanne, this is so Stunning!! I love the how you did the wing. very clever, your swirls are are standout too. Gosh your such a smarty pants aren't you???? hehehhhehhhe I love it:-)
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Debbie Pamment said...

OH WOW Steph - what a truly stunning card! I sooooo have to get this stamp - you guys really have made it THE stamp to have!!! Everything about this gorgeous card shouts FABULOUS!!!!
xXx

Lori said...

Absolutely breathtaking!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I love all those flowers, so beautifully arranged. Can you come over and embellish my next card for me? Tilda looks fabulous--gorgeous coloring and layering! I love it all!
Hugs,
April

Fran said...

GASP!!! Holy frick, this is incredible!! Ok, so it's like 6 months to my birthday but I am on the other side of the world so if you post it to me now it should arrive on time... hehehe! I love how you have done her wings with the clear enbossing, I am so going to steal that idea! After seeing your card I want to go and play with my bubbling Tilda stamp, she needs some more love :) Or maybe not, i think after this masterpiece I would just be disappointed.

Chantelle said...

Beautiful work Stephanne - it's all just gorgeous - such a great balance of creativity. Well done.

Andrea said...

Wow - a very great card! Love the image and the color. So wonderful the glitter and the flowers!
Thanks for joining stamp with fun.
Hugs
Andrea-Emmi41

Jennibee's Cardspot said...

Love it Stephanne, love the wings!! wow
Jenni

Anonymous said...

Stunning card, I love her gorgeous wings and the 3 D effect is amazing.
hugs,
Shell

Juls said...

so beautiful and delicate! I love everything about it! Hugs Juls

Hanna said...

WOW, Stephanne, this is out of this world fantastic!!! WOOOW!!!!
Love it, you've done such a great work (again!) with all details, colouring, design, everything is MAGICAL!!!
Your card really took my breath away! Such a masterpiece!
Beautiful as a fairytale.

Sending you lots of hugs from Sweden! :o)
Hanna

sandra said...

Absolutely amazing!!!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Lorraine A said...

fabulous card Stephanne ,,, I love this image ,,, soo cute ,,, on me wish list !! :-) gorgeous papers and embellies too :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

Sue said...

Stunningly beautiful card, girlfriend....don't you just love it when everythng just falls into place and you create a masterpiece!! Everything about your card is wonderful and you can see how painstakingly you have put it together. Just lovely, you know my address, right? hee hee

Hugs
Sue

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Absolutely stunning! I love everything about it! The sparkle, the coloring, the papers...it's divine! Thank you for sharing at Stamp Something!

Janna :)

Chelsea said...

Oh my goodness my dear! This is is so gorgeous!
Look at her wings...amazing!
I love all the soft pastel colors and that cute image.
I need to color her now! lol
Luv,
Chelsea

Renkata said...

Hi Steph. wow what a fary card. Love the foto in your garden.
Beautifly done.

Raisa said...

Oh, this is stunning, I can feel the maigic and the fairies fly somewhere around Tilda. This card is a whole fairytale itself.

Hugs
Your friend
Raisa

Shirley N said...

Oh my, what a stunning card! Love all the techniques you used, you have inspired me to try some of them! Love your layout and all your goreous embellies and you colored your adorable image beautifully. Love your card!!!

Kimba-Slydog said...

Oh my god is this wonderful!!!!

I love everything about it!!! Wow!!


Hugs,
Nicole

Mary Lou said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! Great idea with the shadowing :))
Blessings

Loz said...

Fabulously Stunning!! Love it! ♥