Sunday, June 13, 2010

Everything grows with love...

Howdi Blogger Buddies,
I hope your Sunday has been a glorious one!!!
I have had my "mojo" pack up and take a mini-vacation on me here, took me 4 days to put this card together, it must be the humidity, blarg!!


This is my fathers Fathers Day card, I know this isn't particularly manly, but I think it will remind my dad of my green thumb gardening skills as a youth, so it works!! It says "Everything grows with love," which I am hoping he takes to mean that I appreciated his stern ways. You see, in my rebellious teenage years, whenever I got into real deep trouble at my dads house, I had to do loads of yardwork as punishment, I won't mention the crimes done to get the yardwork "time", lol...


I have used the adorably sweet Belle with watering can from Belles 'n Whistles stamps, I'm also going to pop this in over at their new Belles 'n Whistles Challenge Blog where the challenge is ribbon and punches, I hope my little branches count, I know the punchwork is minimal but uhhhh ummmmmmm I Iawwwwww, I planned on a border punch but plum forgot to use it. Again, I will blame the humidity!! My papers are K & Co., the beautiful ribbon from Claire, the bow from Kristy, the cherry blossom from Tracey, the sentiment is computer generated and then I gave it thee ol' banner effect, the image was coloured in distress inks, the distressing done in Brushed Corduroy, and hrrrrrmmmm, that lonely punch is a(n) MS branch punch.

I have used the sketch from The Beary Scrap Challenge Blog and I will also pop this in over at A Spoon Full Of Sugar as they are having a flower challenge and Crafty Creations is having a Child's Play challenge, and since this is a reflection of my youth, it surely counts!!!

Well, I hope you all have had some relaxing times this weekend,
I hope you'll stop by on Wednesday
when the next Creative Inspirationschallenge goes up.
Take Care,
Stephanne

30 comments:

Lorraine said...

this is gorgeous huni i love the colours and i so need to get some of these images xx

Jodi said...

Absolutely gorgeous work!! I love the image choice, scene you created and the layout of your card!! Thanks for joining us at Belles n' Whistles stamps!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Iris Wiechmann said...

Oh this is so stunning Stephanne. Love your coloring and layout! Thanks for joining us at BnW challenges.

Hugs,
Iris

Unknown said...

This is just gorgeous! I love your perfect distressing and colors -everything is just yummy! Thanks for playing at BnW and the Beary Scrap. Good luck in both!
hugs,
Gini

Kathy said...

This is just gorgeous Stephanne!! I love that big bow and your lace is so pretty!!!! Perfect punched pieces and love this sweet image!!
Thanks so much for playing along in the Belles and Whistles challenge. Have a lovely week!
:)Kathy

Marlene said...

Absolutely adorable!

Jodie from Oz said...

Stephanne, love the new look blog and your Fathers Day card is beautiful, such a sweet scene, I love the big bow and all your gorgeous embellies.
Hugs Jodie from Oz

Debbie Pamment said...

This is soooooo gorgeous Stephanne - just makes me feel all warm and gooey inside!
xXx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Stephanne and I am sure your Dad will love this :-)

luv
Lols x x x

sorry it is ages since I popped in here ,, where does the time go ??
sending hugs xx :-)

Unknown said...

Love it especially that big bow :) Hope you're doing great!
Louise

Janiel/ janny said...

Oh Stephanne, This is STUNNING my friend!!!

hope your week is great!!
hugs, Janiel

Juls said...

this is just gorgeous!! Hugs Juls

Renkata said...

Very chic card. Love the bow.

Claire Phillips said...

A fab card - and one I'm sure your dad could only appreciate. Intrigued by the crimes.....and punishment! I keep praying that my kids won't get upto some of the things I did! Cheers Claire x

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Hi Stephanne... hahaha! Yardwork as punishment?! We must have committed the same crimes 'cause we did the same time. :)

Your card is gor-or-orgeous! Thanks for joining our Beary Sweet Challenge - good luck!

Cheers,
Susan
The Beary Scrap DT

Sue said...

This is a great Dad's Day card to a Dad from his little girl, you see you're always your Dad's little girl no matter how old you get.........he's going to love it!
I am loving that red and white bow, just lucious.

Hugs
sue

Elise said...

Ahhh my dear Stephanne!!! This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Well, hey, everything you create is GORGEOUS! Oh how I love this image as well ... soooo lovely and sweet! BEAUTIFUL colors and colouring ... truly STUNNING work as always! I can sit here all day and just drool over it ... LOL! And look at that lace and bow!!! sigh ... it's LOVELY!!! I know this is the perfect card for your dad .. this says it all and his heart will truly melt. :)

BTW ... I LOVE the look of your new layout on your blog! FABULOUS!!! 3 columns ... hmmmmm .. that looks VERY appealing to me and if I had the TIME to play around with it .. I'd give it a try with the column adjustment! :)

Alright my love, thank you so much for playing along with BnW and also TBS! You are soooo AWESOME and you KNOW how much I love your creations!!!

Big Hugs to you!
Elise

Jennibee's Cardspot said...

Love this Stephanne, your Dad will love it I am sure!!
Jenni

shelly said...

oh my stephanne your card is gorgeous!! everything about this card is perfect thank you for sharinf
g this with us at crafty creations.

Annika said...

LOL at yardwork!!! Well I'm sure he's bound to love the card, I know I adore the sock soff it. So flippin' beautiful it takes my breath away. And I REALLY-REALLY need to know where you got that stripey ribbon!!!
Hugs
Annika

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

what a gorgeous card, love all the fancy details. janex

Jennibee's Cardspot said...

Popped back for another look!!! there is an award for you on my blog
Love Jenni

craftyb said...

Aw this is just beautiful! Love the image, the vintagey feel to it and the banner with the perfect sentiment! OH...musten't forget that gorgeous big bow! Thank you for playing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

Sheila said...

Absolutely too darn cute!! Love everything about it...you name it, I love it!


WOW!

Hugs,
Sheila

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how sweet!! I just love your image, coloring and design!! I love your colors and details!! Great layout!
hugs,
Chris

Jamie said...

Beautiful card, I love you you flipped our sketch. Thanks for joining us!

Jamie from The Beary Scrap DT

Aunty Sue said...

wow just stunning love the image and colours.

Kellie said...

OMG can you fly to down under and teach me your amaizng style I WANT IT hehe, this is absolutely amazing Stephie baby YEAH, hehe :P Absolutely LOVE it!
Hugs Kel x

Chelsea said...

OMG! So gorgeous! Love that a Father's Day card doesn't always have to have a manly image. This is so perfect...TOO perfect! I love it!
Luv,
Chelsea

VĂ©ro said...

I love this country look.The colors of this card are wonderfull,Stephanne.Stunning creation!
Thank you for your visit on my blog.
Hugs