Saturday, July 31, 2010

Little Angel floats over to join Friday Sketchers

Hello my friends,
Good news for me and my computer problems,
I have finally come to terms with the fact that I MUST buy a new system. How's that good news? Well, me getting past the sticker shock and onto the window-shopping phase. Progress, slowly but surely. Anyway, these late-night posts often include the oddest of topics so I will stop before I start and get down to the brass tax of things, a card!!


I've used the sketch at Friday Sketchers to create this card with a fabulously cute Stamping Bazaar image, this one is called Little Angel and you can find it HERE. He was coloured in distress inks, a little bit of atyou spica was added to the cloud and wings and a bit of 3D lacquer to his eyes. You know, I keep saying HE, HIM, but this image could very easily be a girl, just draw on some itty bitty eyelashes et viola! Papers are Graphic 45 (stripes) and K & Co. (floral), charms are Jolee's, sentiment is computer generated, the doily is Wilton and the ribbon and lace is from my stash. Everything was distressed in Vintage Photo and scuffed up with scissors.


I figured I'd make something without an animal on it,
and without a big pile of paper flowers,
dont worry, everything is okay, it's okay!!
Welllll, I better go to bed,
where visions of sugarplum stamps dance in my head...
Have a wonderful weekend,
I hope to be visiting everyone soon!!

Hugs, Stephanne

11 comments:

Tracey Feeger said...

Wow absolutely gorgeous. Love the soft colours and all the lace. Nice. mwah
Trace

Renkata said...

OMG Steph, that is so cute image and very precious card.

Kylie said...

Oohhhhh Stephanne! Gooorrrgeoussss! What a cute little Angel you have here - and without the flowers he (heheh) is looking mighty sweet too!
Hugs
Kylie

Annika said...

What a stunning image and your design work is total perfection as always!
Sorry to hear you have to cash out for a new 'puter. Although it's nice to have a new shiny fast one...
Hugs
Annika

Claire Phillips said...

Second attempt Stephanne - blogger has been leading me a merry dance today! Fab card - even without flowers I can tell it's yours - just gorgeous! Cheers Claire x

Jennibee's Cardspot said...

A very cute image and coloured beautifully!!! love it
Jenni xo

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous and sweet card!!!

Elise said...

Oh gosh, this is soooo GORGEOUS!!! Your colouring is out of this world woman! And the colors you've used is simply FABULOUS!!! This creation is one word ... HEAVENLY!!!!! :)

Big Hugs to You!
Elise

Tina said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the coloring and the lace and design. Thanks for the link I will check it out. Happy hunting for your new computer! :D

Sue said...

Such a cute image and that puffy cloud he's sitting on is wonderful!
Your layout and embellishments so pretty too as always.
Oh no you have to replace your computer......but, will be so nice to get a new one that loads faster.Good luck with the purchase.
Hope you can find a deal.

Hugs
Sue

Juls said...

such an angelic card! Love it!! Hugs Juls