Friday, April 24, 2009

House Mouse Monday Springtime Challenge

Good evening to all, I hope all is well with you.
This week over at the House Mouse Challenge Blog, the theme is Springtime. Participants are challenged to create based on what comes to their mind when thinking of this terrific season.


When I think of Spring, Bambi always comes to mind. The whole movie sort of embodies, or perhaps helped mold?? my ideals about Spring. Beyond fancy Disney songs about April Showers and becoming "Twitterpated," which is the basis for my image selection... everything is renewed and restored, blossoms everywhere, new life all around, it's a beautiful time of year. Bunnies abound, birds nests full of freshly hatched chicks, BABIES!!!!



When I was younger, my brother and I believed that if you blew all the fibers off of a dandelion, you could make a wish. My dad will tell you otherwise: you can make a yard full of weeds... Psssshhhh.

Please feel welcome to leave a comment, I truly enjoy feedback.

11 comments:

scrapperjulia said...

I truly love this! I love the 3-D effect, the background dandelions and how you coloured the image, great card!

Sue said...

AWWW what a beautiful card such lovely soft colours, luv the 3d pram, gorgeous creation, sue.x

Valerie said...

Pretty card. Loving the colors and textures on it.

Carmen O. said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the 3-D images and the soft colors. Perfect springtime card.

Sue said...

Stephanne, what a darling image and so nicely colored. Love all the elements on your card, so much to look at and take in. Just beautiful and so sweet. Don't those babies look happy to be outdoors!

Marcea said...

this is adorable - what a fabulous image and your colours are so pretty
Have a fab weekend hun
-x-

Carolyn Bounds said...

Breathtaking!!! This card screams Springtime:o) I absolutely, positively adore it!!! It is no secret that you put a great deal of love into the creation of this beauty, especially cutting out the baby carriage. That would have taken me forever, and it wouldn't have looked half as good as yours. Your coloring is impeccable...love all the windswept dandelions and your adorable image!!! I also love all the elegant ribbons and pearls. You have created a stunner with this springtime beauty:o)

Thank you for joining us this week!!!! Enjoy your weekend, and I hope you will be joining us next week:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Heather said...

A truly beautiful card. Amazing colours and colouring. I love the gorgeous scene you've created and it certainly oozes Springtime.
Thanks for sharing this with us at HM&F.
hugs Heather xx

Sue from Oregon said...

oh how fun...thanks for stopping in today and saying Hi. I love all the 3D effects you put in to this card! Great detail...love those wheels on the carriage!

Kirsten...x said...

wow stephanne this is stunning i just love it the image is just so cute and your coloring is fab hugs kirsten...x

Sue said...

Stephanne, thanks for the comment tonight on my blog, since I don't know your email address, just wanted to say hope your flu is
subsiding and hope your feeling much better. Take care of yourself. Thinking of you.