Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Cowgirl Ava giddy-ups onto a birthday card


Hello to you!!!
I have to be sorta sneaky about this post,
because although I made the card
right in front of her face,
I told my stepdaughter that it was
for someone else!!
She can read though, so if she happens by,
the cat will be out of the bag!!
Her 9th birthday is right around the corner,
and she loves horses, so when I bought
these images, which you can read more about
further down the post,
I had her birthday card in mind.


I've made this card for 2 challenges,
although I think I missed the cut-off at CC.
Charisma Cardz Challenge
has a sketch by Joanne
and
The Pink Elephant
has a recipe:
3 brads, 1 flower and 1 designer paper.

The pic has a shadow over it,
but I was having trouble editing,
so shadowy pic it is!!

Pink Cat Studios has designed The Weiman Wranglers digital stamps to honor the life of little Ethan Weiman and raise money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Illinois. You can learn more about little Ethan HERE.
Although the fundraiser is now over, you may still be interested in the looking at what this gracious company has done to help a worthy cause.

The DP is Creative Imaginations,
the rope is hemp, the heart is craft cardstock,
I've coloured with watercolours and
distressed with frayed burlap and worn lipstick.
The flower is Prima and the brads are ???
missing their label!!!

Thanks for looking,
enjoy the rest of your week!!
Stephanne

15 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely card! love the colouring, papers and everything! Hugs, Louise

Kellie said...

Wow this card is just gorgeous! I love the colours papers everything, I just love everything about it! xx

debby4000 said...

Oh she is gorgeous and such wonderful colours and papers.
luv
Debby

Claire Phillips said...

Love that image - beautifully put together as always. Cheers Claire x

Raisa said...

So cute and yet there's action in it, I bet she'll be really happy when she receives this

Rach said...

a wonderful card. your step daughter is going to love it.. even though she has seen it.. hope she doesn't spoil the suprise by reading your blog.. hugs rachxx

Sue said...

I have a sheet a this boot paper and I love it. Love what you did with the card, who doesn't love a cowgirl and her horse? Great card, and your about to be 9 year old is going to love it.

Sheri Gilson said...

Super adorable!! Just love how you used this special set of images. Thanks for joining us at TPE!!

Sheri
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Gorgeous card . Love the image you've used and the beautiful colouring also. Have a fantastic weekend dear friend...and thanks for visiting my blog and for all your kind comments Hugs Claudix

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Stephanne.
Your colouring is beautiful, love all your fabulous details.
So sweet!!

Karen x

Nettie said...

lovely card Stephanne, I am sure your step daughter will be thrilled! nettie x

Carol said...

Great image and such lovely colours!

Hugs
Carol x

theneon said...

Absolutely adorable. And, are you sneaky? Either way, I am sure the birthday girl will be delighted.

Annie said...

oh wow so cute. Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at the Pink Elephant.
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

♥ that boot & the way you wrapped the heart! Thanks for creating with us at TPE. :)