Monday, August 17, 2009

Simple pleasures are lifes greatest treasures...

Hello out there!!
Hope you Monday is a glorious one.
I've tried to take some photos of my latest creation,
but it is gloomy and overcast
and I can't get a good picture to save my life,
so these puppies are going to have to work!!
Somewhere in the middle of these 2 pictures
lays the true colours of this project.
I may try again tomorrow and swap out the pictures...


I have used the sketch over at Basic Grey Challenges,
they are relaunching the challenge blog,
so thought I would have a go at their lovvely sketch.
On the Stampavie DT Blog, they've asked us
to create a summer (fun) card.
At Stamp Something the challenge is to create
'Something from Summer Vacation,'
At ABC Challenge the challenge this week is:
A is for Anything Goes,
with the option of adding animals,
and The Pink Elephant is
also hosting a Summer themed challenge.
Well, okay, I can do that!!

Now, why does this strike me as summery and how is it that this envokes summer vacation memories? Well, this summer my little family took a trip to Colorado, and really, I am just going to streamline this for you, we traveled up to the top of Pikes Peak, as well as the Rocky Mountain National Monument, as high as they allow you to travel by vehicle anyway, and amounst those wonderful travels, there were critters galore!!! Marmots, chipmunks, squirrels, deer, elk, we even saw a moose and a fox!! Well, my hubby let me have a peaceful moment alone on top of a rock that we'd hiked to, and this is what I must have looked like,at least it's how I felt; happy, serene, surrounded by great beauty and life, oh, what a wonderful feeling it was. Inside my card it says, "Are lifes greatest treasures."It is my first summer not going home to California, it is strange and hard to cope with that, but I am a big girl now and need to move on with my life, so, no California. The state is haunted for me anyway. Besides, Colorado is right next door!!! This summer vacation was a personal accomplishment on many levels. Sitting peacefully amounst the wildlife and flowers was just one small part of the experience.


Cruddy pictures aside, I am happy with the outcome of this card.
I kinda want to keep it for myself!!
I've used Basic Grey Urban Prairie and Wisteria DP,
Basic Grey Sultry fiber,
lots of sanding and ripping,
I've coloured with watercolour pencils
and added Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist
in creme de rouge,
there's Gold Flame Smooch inside the flowers,
Stickles in Waterfall and Diamond,
used my Sakura gel pen for some white dots,
hemp rope, the flowers (daisies) are Prima,
the ladybug is a button from Michaels,
the name of the manufacturer escapes me.
And of course, I've used this gorgeous sketch,
which I gave a little fliparoo to:


Thanks for visiting today,
your thoughts and time are much appreciated!!!
Stephanne

28 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely lovely. Thanks for creating with us at TPE!

scrapperjulia said...

What a sweet scene, Steph! Awesome coloring and great card!

Tracey Feeger said...

This is gorgeous. I love the image and the colours. Great job.
mwah
Trace

Sue said...

The card is beautiful, made even more so by the little story behind it. Big girls like to go home too.....bloom where you're planted, maybe California next year! Package in the mail today.

Linda Carson said...

I'd give your card a 10....PICTURE PERFECT!!

Heather said...

Hi Stephanne, what a gorgeous card - I just love how you've used the papers and created a 'scene' with that cute image - brilliant!
Thanks for sharing this with us at BG on our re-launch - hugs Heather xx

Handmade with Love said...

Hi! Congrats on the DT position, your first card for that was fantastic! I love this card, its beautiful and along with the story of your vacation, it has put a smile on my face this morning so thank you. Tracey x

Annie said...

Wow fabulous card. Just love it.
Thanks for playing along with us at TPE.
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

debby4000 said...

Adorable card, fabulous cute image and love the colours.
luv
Debby

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

Erin... said...

This is fabulous! And such a fun summer memory too!! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamp Something this week!

Claire Phillips said...

A Brill card - such a fab combination. I have tried using the Urban Prairie paper(stripey pattern) for ages - love it - but struggle to find the right card - this is perfect! Cheers Claire x

Christina said...

This is so pretty! All the little details are just beautiful!

Risa said...

What a beautiful card! Your image is beautiful and the color combo is fab! I love the layout and the details rock!
hugs
Risa:)

Carol said...

So lovely Stephanne, i love the distressing and coloured so beautifully too....great paper choice :)
thanks for playing at TPE :)

Hugs
Carol x
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Jo Nevill said...

Hi ya Stephanne

Thank you so much for your lovely, lovely comments on my blog and of course for entering my blog candy. I know I asked people to tell me why they liked BasicGrey but I am absolutely amazed at how passionate people are about it and they can't stop writing about it !! I ought to send all the comments to BasicGrey, I am sure they would be absolutely amazed - I think I might contact them and perhaps they can have a peek while its still at the top !!

I love your card and your take on Tara's sketch and thank you for joining us at BasicGrey Challenges. I loved the story about your hols and I think you ought to frame this card as a reminder - sounds perfect to me. I would love to visit America again one day and I know that one day, I will step foot once more on USA soil !!

Hugs to you, you lovely laydee !

Jo x

Kim Costello said...

Wow, what a fantastic card stephanne, I love your take on Tara's sketch. Gorgeous BG papers and just love your image and colouring Stunning!!!

Thanks for joining us at BasicGrey Challenges this week.
HuGs Kim :)

artfulstampin said...

What a sweet card! love all the little details and the glitter :)

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

WOW!! GORJUS!!! The basic grey papers are just beautiful such a gorgeous card.
TFS
Kristy xo

Trudi said...

Very pretty Stephanne! I like the little ladybug in the center of you flower. Thanks for playing along with us this week at TPE

June Nelson said...

Hi Stephanne, love this love everything about it xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chris said...

Fantastic card Stephanne and such beautiful colouring of that gorgeous image. Love how you flipped the sketch and the wonderful papers you used. It was lovely to read about your holiday in Colorado and how it was a holiday of accomplishment for you, I'm sure it'll be one you remember for a long time and you should keep the card for that reason. I find it happens a lot that making a card will bring back a fond memory for me, it makes the hobby even more special. Glad you could join us at BG this time. Chris :)

LORi said...

Super fabulous!!!
So happy you joined us this week at The Pink Elephant!!

Lori
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com

Jill said...

gorgeous card perfect for summer, your colouring is beautiful hugs Jill xx

June Houck said...

What a cute image! I love your take on the sketch and the colors you chose; so fresh, pretty, and happy :)

craftypagan said...

Hi Stephanne! This is absolutely stunning! Your colouring is beautiful and I absolutely adore the urban prairie papers-they're so fun and fresh-am addicted to basic grey I think! You're one super talented lady! Hugs Rowena-Stamp Something design team

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Very pretty card! The colors and papers are beautiful! Your coloring is wonderful too! :D

Sheri Gilson said...

Very pretty!! Love the colors and sweet image. Thanks for playing along with us this week at TPE!!

Sheri
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com