Saturday, August 8, 2009

That's one orange kitty!!

Hello to you!!!
I hope you are enjoying your weekend so far.
I have not had much time to play this week,
the kids, oh geez, and my hubby
has been home this week due to an eye injury.
As much as I love him and feel bad for him,
that bump on the couch that leaves a trail
wherever it goes (aka hubby)
is grating on my patience.
So, 4 kids instead of 3 this week.
Alas, he is feeling better,
so he went to work, and what do you know,
I have a card to share, lol.


I got my new bundle of goodies
that I ordered from Simon Says Stamps
this week and have been trying
to get into them, but man,
no one wants to let me have a moment
with my new treasures!!
As you can see,
I ordered my first Magnolia stamp,
which is making it's debut today!!
Now I know what all the fuss is about,
Tilda is absolutely FUN to bring to life.
I have to confess to piecing several outfits
for her just because.
Okay, so maybe THAT'S got more to do with
low project production than anything else,
but it's part of the learning process, lol.
I thought it would be appropriate to enter
my card into this weeks
Simon Says Challenge,
Buttons and Ribbons,
as the majority of the items used
are from their store!!

With times as tight as they are,
and an ever-growing wishlist as long as I am tall,
I shop around for good prices and promotions,
when I filled up my basket at
Simon Says Stamps
I did so KNOWING that the items are priced fairly,
and the range of items is hard to top.
One stop shopping for any of your new
modern day crafty "needs,"
and get this, fellow penny pinchers,
free shipping after you spend $60!!
I'm sold!!


I had been holding out on this fortnights
Colour Create Challenge
which is pink, green and orange,
with the extra add-in of including hearts,
so I could use this stamp for it.
Tilda's shirt, booties, and hair ribbon
have been pieced with a page from
K & Company Doll House
which is covered in hearts,
the rest of the papers are Basic Grey.
Buttons are BG, ribbon is from stash,
coloured in watercolours,
faux stitching with a white Sakura gel pen.
Distressed in antique linen,
tattered rose, and frayed burlap.
Sentiment is from the wondrous Inkadinkado
Brenda Walton clear set.
My image has 4 layers of piecing,
the noticeably raised areas were
made that way with the help of foam mounts.

When I saw this sketch,
my project came together!!
Delicious Diva Challenges
is a new challenge blog,
that whilst "stalking" the wonderful
Kellie Winnell,
I noticed she and Delicious Diva Kristy
are launching something fun for us to play in.
Go and take a peek.
You have until August 17th to play!!


Well, if you just skimmed to the bottom
of this rather lengthy post,
I understand completely!!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and
thank you for stopping by!!

Stephanne

18 comments:

Unknown said...

i love your card!! So beautiful and lovely colors! The bow looks great!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Fabulous card dear Stephanne. Love the image and it is so beautifully coloured.
I love what you have done in the inside very cute! Have a great weekend Love Claudia

Sue said...

Aw, I love Tilda and the Kitty, I have one, but it's a different kitty! Love the strips on the cap and you colored her to perfection. Love her brunnett hair, not as easy as it looks. Great card. I feel your pain, my husband has been home for eight months and I have not had one day of retirement alone yet! Yikes, I don't care how much you love each other, 24/7 is too much! Good luck.

Janiel/ janny said...

oh Stephainne what a BEAUTIFUL card!!! Your image is colored WONDERFULLY..........
LOVE IT sweetie...
hugs janny

June Nelson said...

This is absolutly gorgeous darlin, I do love the colours andthe papers you have used, andyour colouring of that littel tilda is really lovely huggies June xx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Wowee! What a wonderful card. You've used the colours perfectly. Love your choice of papers, great ribbon treatment and fabulous colouring too. It's beautiful.
Hee hee - know what you mean about hubbies - they always leave a trail, don't they?
Thank you for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge.
Sharon xx

scrapperjulia said...

This is so beautiful Steph! I love how you colored her and the 3D effect. Great job on the challenges!

Handmade with Love said...

Beautiful Stephanne. This is a gorgeous card and your colouring is perfect as usual! I have bought a couple of magnolia stamps to try although I may need your advice on colouring them in! Thanks so much for the blog awards, they made my week! Glad your hubby is better and you can be creative again. Tracey x

Rach said...

this is so pretty sweetie, you have done a wonderful job hugs rachxx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I love your Magnolia Debut! Way to Bring Tilda to life! Thanks so much for your kind words too!!!
Luv,
Heidi

craftypagan said...

Thanks so much for popping by my blog and you kind words! Your work is AMAZING! Your colouring is just stunning! This little tilda is just a cutie isn't she?! Glad I found your blog:) Love Rowena

Kellie said...

This is just gorgeous! I wasn't sure on this Tilda but I think you got her sold on me! This is just absolutely stunning as always! Oh and I have a little something for you to pick up on my blog when your ready ;) xx

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card. Love the colours and the colouring. Thanks for participating in the Delicious Diva challenge and good luck!
Alicia xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, wonderful Tilda and beautiful colours, love the ribbon button it fab.
luv
Debby

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

How darling!! I love the sentiment and the way your ribbons are all tied together.

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

<3,
Steph

Claire Phillips said...

Mmmmmm peace to craft is such a precious thing! Love the card it's fantastic - beautiful as always! Cheers Claire x

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

WOW!!! This is just stunning!! Fabulous colouring so very gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining us for our first challenge.
Kristy

Di said...

Oh this is awesome just love the tilda with cat and i love the nestie you have used with the stitching and background and your colouring is beautiful. The bow is fabulous too.
Thanks fo joining C.C this week

Di xxxx