Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Dexter has a romp over at PaperPlay

Hello to you!!!
Please don't groan,
but I have yet another box to share.
This has been an undertaking,
not because it's a difficult project,
but because I have been flustered,
I guess, in other words,
the mojo has left the building.


I've used the wonderful Motivet stamp,
Dexter with Present,
the papers are MME and BG,
the added present is a Jolee's sticker,
ribbons, grommets and "fibre" are from my stash.
I've coloured with watercolour pencils
and distress inks.
There is this little twinkle in Dexter's eye
that I placed a bit of Stickles in,
and I've glazed his nose, eyes and teeth.
The ribbon around Dexter's present has been
Smooched with Gold Flame,
although I don't think the picture picks that up.


I've played along with Mandy's sketch over at
PaperPlay Challenges
It was fun to use and I really liked
the ribbon for this particular project.
I've kind of moved the 2 elements near
the bottom of the sketch and used a
candy from the stamp and a present in their place.


Well, I better get this posted
so I don't miss the cut-off!!
Thanks for looking!!
Stephanne

11 comments:

Kellie said...

This is just amazing Stephanne, I LOVE it! Your colouring for one is just gorgeous. I am starting to think you are the Queen of making little boxes and other cute little things. I just love how you have used a sketch on it as well, I just LOVE it! So funny I thought man this is short for Stephanne hehehehe, kiddin:P xx

Tracey Feeger said...

This is gorgeous Stepanne. I agree with Kellie - colouring is fabbo and it is just so damn cute. Great job as always.
mwah
Trace

Julie M said...

Great card, Stephanne - that sketch is fab to work with. I love the papers you've used and your colouring - also love the manic gleam in Dexter's eyes!!!!

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay.

Julie

Claire Phillips said...

Definitely not groaning - am just in awe - love it to bits! fabby project! Cheers Claire x

Risa said...

Oh Stephanne, your gable box is adorable! Dexter is so cute and your coloring rocks! Awesome job!
hugs
Risa:)

Handmade with Love said...

Doesn't look like your mojo has left the building to me! I love this little critter he is so cute and the colouring is perfect as usual. Thanks for help yesterday! Tracey x

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Gorgeous as always!!! Absolutly Fab.
Kristy

Hanne said...

This is really beautiful! Perfect in every way!

Alison said...

He is so cute, and I love your colouring. An absolutely gorgeous box.

Sue said...

Dexter is darling...........your coloring is fabulous. Love the box. Great project.

Emma said...

Wow so gorgeous and cute...adorable!!
Emma x