Thursday, October 28, 2010

Angel Tilda Card and details on my Fundraiser Candy

Alas, the card that took a week!!
Gosh, I have been a wreck!!
Partially because of a cold, and in part because these emotional scars, and talking about my mom, knowing what is going on with our dearest Elise, a year ago, my Great Aunt died of progressive lung cancer that infested her entire body, just, phew, HARD. Have you had the chance to go on the worldwide adventure of the Inking Pink Breast Cancer Awareness Blog Hop? There are loads of great projects and candies available, and we are promoting a great cause, SELF-AWARENESS!! I'd also like to take this opportunity to tell you about my candy, which can be found at the bottom of this post.



This was the project that was supposed to accompany the BY-DONATION-ONLY candy I am offering, it features the adorable Tilda, and she is coloured in distress inks, pinks and soft shades of teal, I am glad to have, at long last, completed my card. Instead of a sentiment, I have expressed myself with charms.


I'd like to enter this in the Just Magnolia Think Pink challenge, A Spoon Full of Sugars Let's Get Punchy Challenge, I know this is a bit of a stretch, but I am entering this at Magnolia Down Under as their theme is TRAVEL, and Angel Tilda has made her way down from the heavens to keep my dearest friend company through her battle with cancer, PaperTake Weekly is hosting a sparkly and bright challenge (definitely bright pinks happening here and lots of sparkle), at The ABC Challenges, G is for Glitter, indeed!!



Now about my candy that is going on via my Inking Pink bloghop post, just click HERE to be directed to it, I am offering this lovely bundle of goodies to one lucky lady, and in return for your entering the candy, I have asked that you make a pledge of $1 or more to benefit theNational Breast Cancer Foundation. I am collecting donations through Paypal, visit the DONATE button on the upper right hand corner of my blog to leave a pledge. Once the Blog Hop has ended, I will tally up all the pledges and forward them on to the National Cancer Foundation.

I'd like to take this opportunity to invite you to join in, if you'd like. And many, MANY thanks to the people who have supported me in my first attempt to orchestrate an online fundraiser, it means so much to me :)

And here is the prize on offer:


Well, that should do for now,
thank you so much for your visit today!!
warmest of hugs, stephanne

17 comments:

Lelia Pierce said...

Your card is so beautiful! I want to say thanks again for sharing your touching story via the Inking Pink Blog Hop!

XXX

Camilla said...

Ohh wow! This just got to my heart! Sooo beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at MDUC this week.
Hugs, Camilla

Jane said...

WOW! Stephanne, your card is absolutely breathtaking! Gorgeous colours and details and your colouring, well WOW!!! I was so moved reading your post hun and I'm sorry you're finding this week so difficult and thank you for bringing this subject to the front of our minds! big hugs hun, Jane xxx

sandra said...

This is amazing card!
I love every detail!

And I'm so sorry for not being able to donate (don't own any credit card of PayPal account).
That is great cause and I admire you for doing this.
Hugs!
Sandra!

Tara Godfrey said...

Such a darling card, Stephanne! I just love this cutie Tilda and all the fab details on this card...the wee charms are the perfect touch! Thanks so much for joining us at MDUC!
Hugs,t

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

A most beautiful card. Love your colors and great display of a special talent you have. Good luck on the challenges. A great fundraiser candy..

annes paperfun said...

Oh..my..your card is soooo beautiful!!!
Love every details!
Thank you for joining us at MDUC this week.
Hugs Anne Kristine

Debbie Dolphin said...

ooooh I love this your tilda is beautiful and you have coloured her perfectly. Thankyou for joining us at MDUC this week.
love Debbie xxx

Debbie Pamment said...

This is totally gorgeous - and you can just feel the love and hope coming through! Awareness is soooooo important - so thanx for putting your story out there!lotsaluv to you sweetie!
xXx

CrafteA said...

I love this cute card! TFS

Janiel/ janny said...

oh sweetie this is STUNNING!!!!!!
thanks for joining us this week at MDUC
hugs, Janiel

Renkata said...

You are welcome dear!
Your card take my breath away :) so sweet and precious . Amazing layout and love this embelishments. It's just say everything what we all need to say HOPE!!!

Jodi said...

Oh Stephanne, this is a very beautiful card and what a very touching story you have shared with us! I love the cute charms you added to your card too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Christina C. said...

Stephanne, this is just beautiful...touched my heart!

Sue said...

Oh Stephanne, with the cold dragging you down and all the emotion of the week, you still managed to make this beautiful angel! Love the charm, just falls into your theme this week. Chin up girlfriend, your doing a wonderful thing with the candy and your story of your Mom touched everyone.

Hugs to you
Sue

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Stephanne this is so beautiful I could just sit and look at it all night. I love that image of Tilda you have coloured her beautifully, your design is awesome.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Jenny V. said...

Beautiful card Stephanne! Your coloring and details of your card is awesome.