Tuesday, November 3, 2009

An award/quiz thing, some news and a show of gratitude

I usually shy away from these sorts of posts because I don't want to seem boisterious amounst a sea of talented crafters. Sometimes I feel like the little people, the newbies, folks like me get overlooked when I know, I KNOW, how much heart and soul we all pour into our creations, the last thing I want to do is have a Nanee-nanee-booboo Look at me!! Look at me!!! moment. On the other hand, I have allowed myself to appear ungrateful in what I thought was a shot at modesty, so here we are, a fine medium, I think. I hope.


Well, to start off, I have been sent an award from my dear boss lady Kellie,you know, that fiery red-headed, Magnolia-lovin' waffler from Down-Under and so as to stay on the ball, I am tending to it right away!!



However, this award comes with contingencies and this is what they are:
Answer the question with only 1 word and then
Pass it on to 5 others, so without further ado,


1. Where is your cell phone? hatephones.

2. Hair? yes.

3. Mother? yes.

4. Father? yes.

5. Favorite food? pastries.

6. Dream last night? maybe.

7. Favorite drink? coca.

8. Your dream/goal? vagabond.

9. What room are you in? livingarea.

10. Hobby? collecting.

11. Fear? fake-blood. you rock me like the real thing and if it were the real thing,
it would scare me more.--Sifl & Ollie

12. Where do you want to be 6 years? NorCal.

13. Where were you last night? slaving.

14. Something you aren’t? slimshady.

15. Muffins? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Wish list item? patience.

17. Where did you grow up? SoCal.

18. Last thing you did? red-paint-disaster.

19. What are you wearing? crooked-smile.

20. Your TV? bunnies.

21. Your pets? stinky gatos.

22. Friends? few.

23. Your life? hectic.

24. Your mood? restless.

25. Missing someone? always.

26. Vehicle? american-muscle.

27. Something you’re not wearing? tuxedo.

28. Favorite store? no.

29. Favorite color? gweeeeeeen.

30. When was the last time you laughed? .....?

31. Last time you cried? 5 minutes ago.

32. Best friend? make-believe.

33. One place you go over and over? crapper.

34. Facebook? ugh.

35. Favorite place to eat? free.


Phew, those hyphens really make a difference, hahaha.
Now, I must pass this onto 5 others and they are......

Claire at Crafty Bits by Hope Jacare
Julia at Indiana Julia and her Temple of Crafting
Sue at Sue's Rubber Stamping Adventure
Tracey at Handmade with Love
TropicLuv at Cards in Paradise,
I got that pumpkin bread recipe up hun!!

Now ladies, don't worry about getting to this, if you can, then go ahead, but if not, no worries :) I could possibly be the worst blog award reciever out there, so no worries if a monosyllabic quiz doesn't strike you as top-priority. I certainly won't take it personally, after all, worst passer outer right here!!



*************GOOD NEWS*************

The adoption papers have been processed & finalized & it is now official: I am a bonafide Adopted Aussie!!!Kellie has invited me to stay on as a permanent Design Team member atMagnolia Down Under ChallengesandMagnolia Down Under, the shop!! Hot diggity dog!! Thanks Boss Lady!!


*************MORE GOOD NEWS**********

There must have been something in the water that week
because a couple of my last Magnolia creations have gone and
won me some awards!!

My DT-MDU Edwin the Chef was SPOTLIGHTED at
Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential

Pilgrim Tilda, the Thanksgiving card I made for my great aunt
won the challenge over at Stampin' For The Weekend, it was a wonderful sketch and I can barely wait to play with that WOJ stamp!! It will be my first :) Pilgrim Tilda got placed in the Top over atThe Pink Elephant and she has also been displayed on the 7 Kids College Fund store blog. How cool is that??! Tab is a sweetie, and I have noticed that she gets her Maggies in before other U.S. shops do, hint hint...


On a sadder note, my great aunt passed away this past Tuesday,
so it is a little weird to have this card I made for her getting
such rave reviews, however, I did take it with me when I flew out
to California to see her for the last time and I brought the card
along and gave it to her. She used to make porcelain dolls and
that is one of the reasons why I like Tilda so much, she reminds me
of the little baby dolls my great aunt used to make, sniffle sniffle.
Rest In Peace, Aunt Jamie.



It's been a great pleasure to have something, or somethings upbeat happen in such sad times, so thanks to all of you that have come by and visited and left me such nice thoughts. Thank you soooo sooooo much. And Kellie, thank you!! I've been walking on air since I got your email, I am so glad you've chosen me to be your Adopted Aussie, it must be my blonde hair...No. No, it is the Wizard of Oz thing!! Kidding, but I sure do love working with ya and our random chats and analogies, ha!! Thanks for listening to me, or reading along with my melancholy days, it means a lot to me.

8 comments:

Fran said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Aunt, and at the same time thrilled to hear you are now an official aussie, I think the answers to your questions which made me snort with laughter more than qualifies you to become one of us... one of us...

Ila said...

So Sorry to hear about your Aunt!..big Hug!!...Congratulations on everything else!!...I have an Award for you on my blog...(no pressure)...it's just a little different than the one you just did...Hugs, Ila

Claire Phillips said...

Sending you a cup of coca from across the water - sorry to read about your Aunt. An adopted Aussie - whatever next!! Way to go, they obviously know talent when they see it!Congratulations on all the great news - well deserved. Thanks soooo much for my award - I fear I am like you with these things but will make special effort I promise......Take care and laughter is the best cure all!! warmest wishes Claire x

scrapperjulia said...

Hey Stephanne, thanks for the blog award. Your answers made me laugh! I have been noticing your great cards and the recognition that you truly deserve! Congrats on becoming a permanent DT member at Magnolia Down Under. I am sorry about your Aunt. It is hard to lose a loved one. I bet she made beautiful dolls. Hang in there, my friend!

June Nelson said...

Aw bless you, sorry to hear baout your aunt , congrats on your pemanent post , well deserved darlin huggies and love June xxx

Debbie Pamment said...

We love our adopted Aussie!!!! But soo sorry to hear of your Aunt's passing - she'll live on in everyone of your Tilda cards though by the sound of it!
xXx

Jodie from Oz said...

Stephanne, I am so sorry to hear about your Aunt, please accept my condolences. I am so sorry I haven't stopped by earlier. I am thinking of you and sending you a huge hug and a little prayer.

Another Aussie, woohoo, congrats on your adoption we do luv ya.
Jodie from Oz

Joanne said...

Oh Stephanne, I'm so sorry about your Aunt. I have an elderly Aunt that I adore and make a lot of cards for too. I know how special she is to you! Mahalo for your long note on my blog, I loved it!!! AND, THANX for the award! It means a lot to receive it from such a talented lady as yourself! As for the pumpkin bread recipe, you can bet I WILL be trying it!!! So glad you liked the wreaths too! You are right about the beautiful materials that we use. There are so many gorgeous plants here and they grow everywhere! You can use darn near anything!!! As always, mahalo for your visit and I send hugs! J.