Saturday, November 21, 2009

MDUC's Christmas Challenge amoungst other good'uns


Hello ladies and gents,
there's one or two gents out there, I've spotted them!!
Tonight I will share with you my
Magnolia Down Under Challenge project
that I've been putting off doing because, well,
I want to use some of the new images, d*@$it!!
So I thought, I will wait it out and hope
I can get my grubby mitts on them before
this project needs to be turned in.
Nope, that did not happen,
so a series of failed plastic attempts took place
before going back to my one true love: PAPER
with a stamped image that my dear blogging buddy
and fellow MDUC teamie Sue sent me,
thanks for saving the day Sue!!
And Kellie, thanks for letting me be a slack,
I am sorry it has taken so long to turn in my project,
your leniancy has allowed my project to flourish though ;)



So this is my decorative ornament card.
It could be a wall hanging or an ornament,
or just a card, it's up to the recipient.
And here is the inside of the project,
this lovely scene with Tilda and Edwin.
Look at that crumply bow,
I am having to fight back
the urge to retake the picture!!!



I've done a lot with this, so I want to just
hit the main points so as not to be taunted for waffling, lol.
The paper is Websters Pages, so so gorgeous,
it pains me to cut into them,
coloured in distress inks with lots of Stickles
and glimmer mist on Tilda's coat,
lots of assistance from the white Sakura gel pen.
Some "ghost" snowflakes are stamped on here with
StazOn opaque, stamps are Stampabilities,
and I doused them with some MS glitter,
which is rubbing off the flakes with every second.
The charm is by Jolees and that hook is beading wire
with a few beads for good measure.



Tea roses and mini rose buds are clustered on top of
several different MS punches, fern, oak leaf and branch,
with several different treatments on them,
distressing, stickles, glimmer mist, etc....



And here is the inside which will contain the sentiment,
and is still under works, nothing's been patched up or
smoothed down on it yet, I need a break, lol.
And yes, that is the backside of the DP,
just as gorgeous as the face.

Now let's talk challenges.
I have used the sketch from The Pink Elephant
Roses On Paper would like us to create
a romantic card in respects to the flick Sweet November.
Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential
has asked to see ornaments, so I get to play over there.
Aww, the benefits of being late, haha.

Now hop your buns over to
Magnolia Down Under Challenges
to see all of the wonderful projects
and fix your peepers on our delicious prize!!
Or maybe I will just show you!!


Kellie is sponsering the challenge with this
adorable Christmas Tilda stamp (wish I could win it!!)
and if you've got a chance, hop by her shop
Magnolia Down Under
and look at all of the new items
she's added for your crafting pleasure.
To name a few; Ranger inks, acrylic blocks,
gorgeous lace and some neat wire embellies.
AND AND AND!!!! This one time at band camp..... ha!!
Kellie has a sale going on from now until November 25th,
20% off select So Jolly and Under The Mistletoe stamps
Proof that the early bird doesn't always get the worm...
So get 'em while they're at this red-hot price ladies,
Kellie's stock will be in this coming week,
I don't know about you, but I can't wait!!
Have a great weekend, what's left of it anyway!!
Stephanne

26 comments:

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh my can you say gorgeous. I love this. I love the image and the swan when you open it is fantastic. Great inspiration for everyone who joins the challenge.
mwah
Trace

Kellie said...

Well Waffle #2 I think you TRULY out did yourself! This is absolutely stunning, elegant, gorgeous and all of the above! When I seen it I just went oooooo wow! (Your such a dag, lateness or not I don't mind :)...) I know how you feel I had so many NEW stamp plans that all went to **** lol! Bus alas soon, better than never right?! hahaha.
An amazingly gorgeous inspiration for all playing along with us this fortnight hun xx

LORi said...

Wow...how beautiful Stephanne!! Just stunning!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at TPE!!

Big hugs~ LORi

Ramona Michaluk said...

This is just gorgeous Stephanne ! Love the idea of the ornament card and the inside is just as beautiful as the outside - love all the details, the paper, colouring, flowers, leaves, etc. Stunning design - love it!!

Hugs,
Ramona xx

Debbie Pamment said...

Noooooo - another Miss Waffle - can we cope?!?!? Of course we can when they are are fabo and fun as you and Kel!!!
And look at this - just gorgeous Stephanne - anyone would LOVE to get this - hmmm - think I know just where it would go at my place - LOL
xXx

Debra James said...

Well Stephanne, I for one can sy that this was deffinetly worth the wait. What a great concept-The litte Tida and Edwin peeping thru the hole-Too gosh damm cute!!Hugs xxx

Annette Bowes said...

Stunning, this is absolutely gorgeous, the time it must have taken, the colours, papers, flowers all the lovely detail down to a cute charm heart, truly a romance card, awesome!! Take CareX:)

Unknown said...

What a beautiful ornament, or card, or wall-hanging. I love the detail you put into all your creations. They are all so unique and amazing.
Alicia xx

sandra said...

Amazing!
I love it all!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Handmade with Love said...

Stephanne this is gorgeous, it must have taken you ages as you have put so much work and detail into it! Hope you have a great day! Tracey x

Jodie from Oz said...

Stephanne, OMG, your card/ornament is amazing. I love shaped cards, your card is beautiful inside & out. I especially love how you have placed Tilda & Edwin peeping through the port hole. These Webster Pages are gorgeous along with the stunning roses and your colouring just wonderful. The vintage look from the distress inks are amazing & I may need to give these a try. Such an wonderful inspiration for all joining the MDUC challenge. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Claire Phillips said...

An amazing project - Love it to bits Stepanne, and all the wee bits and bobs are georgeous and details/ colours are fabby! Brilliant Claire x

Janiel/ janny said...

OH WOW what an amazing job you have done with these sweetie......
LOVE THEM!!!
hugs, Janiel

Sue said...

Aw, I love what you did with Tilda and Edwin Skating! The ornament card is oh so nice and your coloring of these two, perfect! I was admiring the papers and when I read your post, I thought, I think I bought those, and sure enough, I did! Now I'm so excited to use them!Those roses are gorgeous, love the buds! Great card/ornament, Steph.

Unknown said...

Dear Stephanne, What a stunning and amazing project!!!! ♥♥♥
I am totally in awe, and have been studying every little detail!! Wonderful work, sweetie!

Love the previous card too! Cool image and wonderful design!!!
Love it!

hugs,
jorunn

Norma said...

Wow, Stephanne, this is fabulous. OMG, incredible attention to details. Love your colouring, your roses, your paper,...everything on it. Anyone would be so happy to get this. So, send it over my way...LOL.

Hugs.
Norma

Darlene said...

WOW ... these are awesome! Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight! Absolutely awesome!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! Stephanne, this is just ADORABLE hun!! What a clever idea for an ornament!! Love your brilliant idea and those mags are too cute!! :) Thanks for joining with us at Saturday Spotlight this week!! HUGS

Mel X said...

OOooh, really pretty, love the image and the background - the swans a lovely touch. Flowers are gorgeous and love the whole design

Mel X

Lorraine A said...

Fantastic project Stephanne ! This is just brilliant ! :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

cabio's craft corner said...

This is a BEAUTIFUL creation. Very romatic too!
Hugs,
Cabio

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful & Brilliant Stephanne!!!
Blessings, Maria

♥ Sonja Bekker ♥ said...

Hello Stephanne,
Wowsie this is stunning gorgeous
love your idea,think i`m gonna make this for my
Family.I see jour from California and landed in Kanses,wel I`m from Canada and landed near Amsterdam LOL(my Englisch isn`t so good anymore,sorry)
Thanks for taking time to visit my blog:-)

Digihugs
Sonja

Crystal said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Jessica G. said...

Elegant ornament; it spotlights this beautifully colored image perfectly! Thanks for playing along in this week's Spotlight challenge!!

Annie said...

Just love your card - hope you’ll join us again next Monday when we start our new challenge. It’s another easy peasy fun one - would love you to play along with us.

Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/