Saturday, November 7, 2009

DT-MDUC -Shell's sketch meets up with a few of my other favourite challenges

Hello to you, my dear bloggie buddies.
It's that time again, another
Magnolia Down Under Challenge is upon us.
May I just take some time to say WOW wOw WoW!!!
Our previous challenge was distressing and
you ladies did such an incredible job!!
Some of the entries were from seasoned distressing pros
and others were taken out of their comfort zone,
it was amazing, each and every project was a WOW!!!
Maybe I just love distressing a little too much??
No, that's not it, all of our participants do gorgeous work!!
Thanks to all of you
who are joining in with our challenges
and helping us break our previous entrant records
challenge after challenge!!!
Remember, you can combine us with any other challenge
that you'd like and we don't mind if you enter several times.


Well, now that I've got that out there,
let's get to the matter at hand;
this fortnights Magnolia Down Under Challenge!!
A sketch by the mega-talented Shell Barnard, yay!!!


I am in need of a thank you card
for my aunt and uncle, as they let me stay
at their house while on my California sleepover.
What a crazy experience, after that,
nothing seems like too hard a task.
In extending me their hospitalities, they set up a
sleeping area and fresh towels along with a "Snuggie"
just in case I needed a little comfort.
Have you seen those things,
the blanket/robe fleece contraption?
Geez, what WON'T people try to sell these days?
Anyway, I opted out on the Snuggie and got a Poptart instead.
Poptart is their sweet little kitty that decided
she wanted to sleep in my womb area, for lack of a better term,
I sleep in the "Fetal Position" so Poptart helped herself
to the ultra warm and comfy Stephanie Sleep Spot,
I have no idea what to call the area, the nook that forms
when you bring your knees and head toward your torso????
Anyhoooo, she was a very comfy addition to the accomodations,
no Snuggie for me, I'll take the Poptart, lol!!
And maybe even a Ginseng too!!
Ginseng is their older kitty who came out and gave me
lots of love as well, I lub kitties, that I do!!
They apparently don't mind me either :)
Sooooo, long story short, this is a thank you card
for my aunt and uncle and cousin and kitties,
and why it makes sense to me
is because of the aforementioned happenings.
Of course, you could use any Tilda at any time
and it's still gonna look cute,
but this project was deliberate,
this is the right Tilda for the occasion.


I've used Tilda with Cat,
she's coloured in distress inks and got a little MS glitter,
she's cut out and placed alongside making memories DP,
the other DP is by K & Co.
I've used gorgeous tea roses with a touch of Stickles,
and these most fabulous shell buttons
(been to the ends of the earth looking for them!!!)
with hemp run through them.
Most everything is distressed in brushed corduroy
after I abused my cardstock with scissors and sandpaper.
The sentiment stamped is "merci" by stampabilities,
and the scallop is courtesy of Fiskars shears.

A little side-angle action for ya,
complete with thumb at no extra charge, haha.

I've made this with a slue of challenges in mind.
Firstly, The Pink Elephant is hosting a colour challenge,
brown, yellow, neutral + 1, I chose pink.
Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential's
lsat challenge was to use words to convey your message,
so I chose this lovely script from
the making memories Autumn Harvest collection
and stamped in merci multiple times,
I am too late to enter it over there,
but had the challenge in mind when I made this.
I could, however, enter it for their current challenge,
which happens to be "Repeatedly Useful."
Naaa, I would feel like a cheat!!
No worries, I made something else, see devil tilda, lol.
So, that lovely merci allows me to take part over at
PaperPlay Challenges whose challenge is to
use language other than english on your project.
At Pile It On they're hosting a Thank You challenge,
and so is the same at Simon Says Challenges,
and just in case it is a curiousity of yours,
merci is the french equivalent to our thank you.

Still with me??? Sorry, this is getting lengthy.
So, on that note, I hope you all have a fabulous weekend
and get oodles of crafty time!!

Take Care,
Stephanne

19 comments:

Julie M said...

Beautiful card, Stephanne. The image couldn't be more appropriate - and I bet those kitties are missing you!!!

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay again this week.

Julie

Kellie said...

I am going to have to start calling you waffle #2 and I'll be waffle #1 of course, maybe you have been talking with me too long, lol KIDDING. I always love reading your blog. And this card is gorgeous, gorgeous. Your colouring is as always just stunning Stephanne! I love the elegance with this card, the colours work so well together. Thank you gor a gorgeous inspiration to all joining in with us this fortnight over at Magnolia Down Under Challenges.
Hugs, Kel

Tracey Feeger said...

This is such a cute card. I love this image. Another one that I might have to get one day. LOL. Waffle #2 - I like that kellie. Hehehe.
mwah
Trace

Sue said...

Steph, this is the perfect stamp of Tilda and her Kitty after the story you told! Great muted colors for this card make it oh so pretty.

Ramona Michaluk said...

Love your card Steph, beautiful soft colours that go so well together. Love those pretty flowers and Tilda looks so cute with her little cat. Gorgeous work (as always) !

Hugs,
Ramona xx

Unknown said...

This is precious. I love all the details you added. Thanks for creating with us at TPE. :)

scrapperjulia said...

This is really pretty, Stephanne! Love the soft colors that you used, really gorgeous card!

Jodie from Oz said...

Stephanne or is it Waffle #2, I loved reading your story, your stories always make me laugh, but of course I am sorry for the reason for your visit, this card is perfect. I am sure your rels will treasure it. Your sentiment, flowers & colouring wonderful and Tilda with pussy is just the cutest. Next Kellie will be calling me Waffle #3. Fabulous inspiration for all joining Kellie's Sketch Challenge at MDUC.
Hugs Jodie from Oz

Unknown said...

Wonderful card. I love the gold edges with the distressing inks. A nice combination. I am sure your Aunt and Uncle will love it!
Alicia xx

Debra James said...

Oh you girls are so funny- You, Kellie and Jodie make me laugh. What a fabulous card and for a great reason and love the story behind the card- as I love cards with stories. Everything you added just enhanced an already amazing card, as usual. Hugs Debra

sandra said...

Oh,dear!!!
How cute is that?
I love how simple but still beautiful your card is!
Love coloring!
Hugs!
Sandra!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Whoaaaaaaaaah! Kell's waffle is rubbing off on you!! hahah. Your card is gorgeous and great tilda for your Aunt.
Kristy x

Annie said...

Beautiful card - such a romantic feel to it.

Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Saskia said...

Lovely card!

Saskia :)

Juls said...

wow!! Just beautiful!! Just Love it!!

Norma said...

Sue, you are so funny! You made me chuckle reading your blog.
Gorgeous card. Love the soft colours. Beautifully coloured. Adorable image--just got this Tilda too and trying to decide how to colour her. Terrific job on the card. Love it.

hugs.
Norma

debby4000 said...

Adorable sweet card, love the cute Tilda.
luv
Debby

Deirdre said...

Stunning card - love the details and your amazing colouring.

Anonymous said...

OH my goodness!! Stephanne, this is just gorgeous!! I so love your adorable image and your wording is just PERFECT!! Gorgeous flowers and I thank you for taking the time to play along with us at Saturday Spotlight...late or not, we're happy to have you and see your creations!! BIG HUGS