Thursday, November 5, 2009

Tilda is having a devilish time this Christmas!!

Hello blogger buddies.
I hope you all have managed to get some crafty time
in this week, as it is wrapping up quickly!!
I've put together this Christmas card for a friend
with a couple of ideas in mind.


Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential
has asked us to make a project with words
as the focal point, to show how they enhance a project.
My creation didn't end up centered around words,
but without them, the card makes no sense.
Santa's list shows where I was coming from in selecting
the gorgeous Devil Tilda to adorn this card.
Clearly, her name belongs on the Naughty side of the list.
Roses on Paper set a Christmas card challenge,
I've incorporated the current Midnight Madness sketch,
it's a rather loose interpretation but I really wanted to play
and envisioned my scoll coming out a little more wavy, but...
I've turned the sketch on its side, go see it,
you will love its potential with that
layer of ruffly goodness to use,
I want to try another card with that sketch, it's a goodie.


I've used Devil Tilda,
she's been coloured in watercolour pencils,
her wings were doused in Stickles.
I made a little scroll/list thing
and distressed it in brushed corduroy,
the cardstock is Bazzill and the DP is Basic Grey.
The present is a Penny Black image that I
stole the present off of and gave it to Tilda,
things aren't looking good for her this year,
as she is acting a bit devilish, so I thought
I would give her a little something for her troubles...
Gorgeous Mina flower there, I am almost out: TRAGEDY!!!
The little roses are Prima and I've used an
EK Success fern punch for the branches,
everything amounst the bloomage got layered with Stickles.

Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend!!
Stephanne

18 comments:

Kellie said...

WOW Stephanne this is amazing! Your use of devil Tilda is A-MAZING! I'm just wow Blown away! I love your scroll, I just love it Steph, everything LOVE IT!
Hugs, Kel

Tracey Feeger said...

OMG this is simply gorgeous. What a great idea to use the little Devil Tilda for a christmas card. and love the list. So so so devine.
mwah
Trace

Tracy said...

Oh wow this is gorgeous luv luv it!!!!
Little Devil she may be but oh sooo cute and the scroll..truly beautiful work of art.
thanks for leaving such a lovely comment on mine too.
Hugs
Tracy
xxx

Carolyn said...

I absolutely love your card. Your interpretation of the sketch is fabulous. It looks great sort of partially flipped. Everything just flows so well. The dp, ribbon and flowers are so beautiful. Just an swesome job as always from you.
Thanks for playing with us at the MMSC this week. We always love having you!

Carolyn
MMSC DT

Mina said...

oh no nearly out of flowers, thats dreadful...I love this card and what a great idea for a challenge...must have a look at it
Mina xxx

Anonymous said...

WOW!! How clever!!! I adore this!! Your coloring and your list is looking so fab!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Saturday Spotlight this week!! HUGS

Ila said...

I love your card!!..Totally Gorgeous!!..your use of Devil Tilda is Amazing.. I love the scroll and flowers!!...Hugs, Ila

Claire Phillips said...

Beautifully devilish! A really fab card! x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so absolutely sweet!! I love how you used a Halloween image for Christmas. Too clever!! Love your layout and your take on the Sat. Spotlight Challenge!
~Chris

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Stephanne, this is totally adorable, what a fabulous take on the sketch!!! Tilda is just gorgeous and not at all devilish...and your list is perfect. I always look forward to seeing what you do each week! Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we would love to see you again next week!
Linda MMSC Design Team

Debbie Pamment said...

I LOVE the way you've used Devil Tilda for Christmas - and doesn't she look adorable!!! LOVE everything about this beautiful card!
xXx

Carol Hurlock said...

Stephanne-this is sure a way to stretch your stamping budget by using stamps designated for one Holiday for another...LOL We had a challenge on SCS for Virtual Stamp night to do just this and there were some terrific entries...you card reminds me of that. I think this is just too cute!!! It brings a smile to my face and a chuckle in my heart. Just beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at Midnight Madness. We appreciate your support.

Carol
Midnight Madness Design Team

scrapperjulia said...

This card is very cute and creative, Stephanne! Tilda looks so cute sitting on that list, just an awesome card!

cabio's craft corner said...

That is Sooooo neat Stephanne. I love the way you did the layout using the sketch yet, having your own style using the little devil for Christmas. love it very much!
Hugs,
Cabio

having a {me} day said...

This is fabulous! I absolutely love how you've done the Santa's list. That little devil Tilda works really well for Christmas too. Great card. kxx

Jodie from Oz said...

Dearest Stephanne, Your little Devil is so angelic. Wow this card is amazing, I love your scroll, and everything about this wonderful card. I have just received this stamp & can't wait to ink her up. Thanks for the inspiration.
Hugs Jodie from Oz

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Stephanne, I just love your take on this weeks sketch. Your little Tilda is gorgeous and the way you made the note is fabulous. Not to mention those beautiful flowers....just stunning as always!
Thanks so much for playing along with us again this week.
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Oohooo, devilishly cute, Steph! This is one of my favs or yours! Where did you get that Naughty or nice stamps?! love it!! thanks or joining us this week, xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT