Monday, November 9, 2009

Pink Cat Studios image for Henrys' memorial tree

Hello my lovely blogging pals,
I have something to share with you all.
Another sad story and how you can help out.

I recently found out from Ila's blog that
Sarah Anderson’s little 3 year old son Henry
passed away from a virus he fell ill with last week.

Lorie Ames has organized
a way to donate for a memorial for Henry.
Henry loved his local zoo and visited it
almost every day in the summer.
As a memorial, trees will be planted there in his honor.

Melissa at
Pink Cat Studio

has created a digital stamp to help
raise funds for a tree for Henry.
All proceeds from the sale of the digi stamp,
minus Paypal costs, will go towards the tree.
If you would like to donate towards the tree,
please visit Pink Cat Studios
to purchase the digi image.

Another way to donate to the memorial
is to print out a form and mail in your donation directly,
click here to get the form.

**Please write on the form that the donation is for Sarah Anderson’s son Henry. Once all of the money is collected, a tree and location will be selected. If you have questions about the form please contact Lorie Ames. Lorie will be in contact with Sarah along this memorial journey to ensure that her wishes are followed.To contact Lorie, please visit her blog.

If you don’t know Sarah and would like to
learn more about her, please visit her blog here.

*****************************

Oops, I digied again.
This is my third successful digi project and
I just have to mention that 2 of the 3 times
were Pink Cat Studios charity events,
so props to them for being so kind and caring.
I put it straight to use this time
and have made a card for my friends daughter
who will be turning 2 this Wednesday.


I've used the aforementioned PCS digi
and coloured with Prismacolor Pencils and
added a ring of stickles around the image,
I also peiced the heads and stuck them on foam mounts.
The papers are My Minds Eye and bazzill cardstock.
The blue buttons are shell & I've ran hemp through them
the big button is unknown stash material,
as is the organza ribbon.
The border punch is by Fiskars.


I've used the sketch from
Sketch Saturday
and that's it!!!
I don't have any other challenges to enter this in :(

I hope you are having a wonderful day,
take care,
Stephanne

13 comments:

scrapperjulia said...

This is really cute, Stephanne! Love the stickles around the image. I will have to go over there an purchase this for Henry's tree. You are right about the Penny Black addiction! So far I am resisting the Magnolia Down Under addiction but it is hard when I see you and Sue making such beautiful creations with them!

Leigh said...

I love that giraffe and monkey Stephanne. So cute.

Debbie Pamment said...

Beautiful job again - is just soo sad isn't it! It certainly makes you want to hug your kids long and hard!
xXx

debby4000 said...

Oh I love that giraffe, fabulous card.
luv
debby

Claire Phillips said...

A great card - that monkey is so cheeky! x

Juls said...

so so cute! Love all the sparkle, and the ribbon detail!

Christine said...

Hi Steph cute image I have bought this already must get it used fab card..

Hugs Christine xx

having a {me} day said...

This is sooo cute!! Love that ring of stickles, it really sets off the image. Fab card. kxx

Sue said...

What a nice job you did with this image. I read about Henry and it makes your heart hurt. To have a healthy young active boy one day and lose him so fast has to be devastating for his family. I love that you are passing this card to a young girl. Hug your babes tight.

Janiel/ janny said...

oh Stephanie, I love all the sparkle and that image is so cute!!!
have a great week,
hugs, janny

Ila said...

This card is Super Cute!..the coloring and dimension is Fabulous!!..I love the stickles on the outside and the buttons are perfect!!...I love this image..and am hoping to use mine soon too.
I so agree...cudos to Pink Cat Studio...what a perfect way to raise funds!!...Hugs, Ila

Jo said...

Beautiful card hunni, and a fab image created in memory of Sarah's little boy.
Thank you for joining in with us this week for Debbies DT week :)
Jo xx

Jodie from Oz said...

Fabulous card and such a sweet image. Too many terrible things happening lately and you are such a sweetie to support all of these wonderful causes. Hugs Jodie from Oz