Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Autumn

Happy Thanksgiving my American peeps.
I hope you are able to spend the day with loved ones
doing something you truly enjoy: FEASTING!!!!
I love pumpkin pie, I think I will buy one and
eat it all myself in one sitting!!
My great aunt Jamie would always host Thanksgiving.
The fudge, all the home-made pies,
turkey, 'taters, eggnog, football, family...
Such wonderful memories that I am fortunate to have.
I won't talk politics, but I don't really celebrate
this day, although I relish the excuse to hang out
with family and friends and eat some of our
seasons delectable bounty.
Not like that happens for me out here in Kansas,
but that is beside the point!!


This is a seasonal card I made,
I HOPE the sentiment says Happy Autumn,
I've used MME Out and About and Bloom & Grow papers
because I know we are all getting a little sick
of the fall and Christmas papers, a nice change
but it still works I think.
Tilda is coloured with a layer of watercolour
and then I've enhanced the colours with distress inks.


Here is a look at the inside,
there is a pocket added for storage of this little bag
which is just a paper bag with a hole punched in it
and a gingham ribbon strung through it.


A side view of the layering and blooms for ya.
You can see the pewter applique and glitter this way.


I've used the sketch over at
Magnolia-licious Highlites,
and over at Creative Inspirations
the challenge is to create a pocket on our projects.

Welp, I hope everyone has a wonderful day
and thanks for stopping by!!
Stephanne

17 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a stunning card, both inside and outside, colors, coloring, details and design!!!
I just looooooooooooooove it, and I know what I am talking about too... It looks even better in real life!
I am the very lucky owner of this pearl!
♥♥♥♥♥♥

and yes, the text says happy autumn! =)
You did good,hun!

Thank you sweetie! You really made my day!
and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

hugs,
Jorunn

Handmade with Love said...

Really loving that green paper and the red and pink colours that you have put with it. The image is beautiful as usual! Have a happy thanks giving! Tracey x

Jodie from Oz said...

Stephanne, Your Pilgrim Tilda is adorable and your colours, flowers and colouring are just beautiful. What ever you do today, whether it be eating a whole pumpkin pie, I hope it is a good one. Hugs Jodie from Oz

sandra said...

I just love papers you used!
Image is tooooo cute!
Love this one!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Tracey Feeger said...

Gorgeous. Love the cherry blossoms and the roses on the card. They work really well. Happy thnaksgiving.
mwah
Trace

maxine said...

This is beautiful thanks for joining us at creative inspirations this week.

debby4000 said...

Oh what a wonderful card, love the sweet Tilda and the fab papers.
luv
Debby

Claire Phillips said...

Soooo beautiful - I always adore your cards - love the bloom and grow - perfection! Cheers Claire x

jude said...

Wow love the creation and the colours are fab!thanks for joining in this week at creative inspiration.Thanks and good luck
hugs jude

Tracy said...

Oh my this is a truly beautiful card inside and out!!!
Thanks for joining us over at Creative Inspirations this week.
Hugs
Tracy
xxx

Sue said...

Works for me, it's a great fall card. Image is so cute, have to get me one of Tilda sitting. Papers are perfect for this card and her little outfit colored so nice. I made two beautiful deep dish Pumpkin pies, nice and brown and spicy. Come on over, I'll put the coffee/tea on and we'll have a chat!!!

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Stephanne
Such beautiful colouring, your details and design are wonderful!!

Karen x

theneon said...

Stephanne, this is a delight to behold. The colors are just right and the flowers are a wonderful accent. Such a sweet, sweet image too-- guess you can tell I really love this card.

mueppi said...

What a wonderful card, Stephanne!
I love the colours and all details!
Hugs Gisela

Marina said...

Wow!!! This is gorgeous!
I love this image and papers and details are beautiful.

Hugs,
Marina

Joanne said...

Really nice Stepnanne! I love the green color that you used. The coloring is beautiful too and, OH, love the embelishments! Super job! Aloha...

Jenni said...

Gorgeous, love the image and the embellishments are stunning. Thanks for joining in with us at Creative Inspirations.
Jenni x